Remote demo account to check remote trader's performance

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by kevt01, Mar 19, 2009.

1. kevt01

kevt01

I posted this under software but I guess nobody knows the answer there:

I currently trade on my own and want to take on another trader remotely.

However, I want to start him/her on a demo account so I can review his/her intra-trading performance (online preferably). In addition, I want to make sure they can't cheat.

For example, in Ninja, the trading record is stored locally on a computer. Which makes it tough because the trader has to send me that record everyday. In addition, is pretty easy to cheat on Ninja by using "instant fill".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

You could use Collective2.com... Since it is demo/papertrading he/she just has to open an account ($100 for half year) and trade it and you can pretty much instantly see the results. (or can share the password) This way you also get lots of nice statistics on his/her performance....

3. gray

gray

When trader become good trader, this good trader won't be your trader anymore, good traders can sell their own trading signal on C2 easily.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not necesserily.

If the system is a quick scalping system, it can be impossible to follow thus it means it is non-sellable...

Or it could be a high trading numbers system where low brokercost (owning a seat) can make a HUGE difference.

Bottomline is, one can use C2 for practice or teaching, but that doesn't mean it can be subscribed/followed profitably...

5. kevt01

kevt01

Thank you for replying, gentlemen. I was looking for a prop trading platform. C2 seems to be orientated towards automated trading rather than prop trading. Are there any other software?

Thanks.

6. why don't you open a freebie demo account with a broker, like Openecry, and have him trade it? Then check the trade results daily.

7. kevt01

kevt01

Do you know how they indicate a filled order? Is it "instant fill" like when prices touch the order price?

Or does it fill when the price passes the order price?

Thanks.

8. JB3

JB3

^ Why don't you just open one and test it out instead of asking all of these questions.

9. I'm not sure what the answer is, but if you find something, let us know.

I think it would be handy to have a program that could show someone your screen in real time but didn't allow them access to your computer.

Runningbear

#10     Mar 27, 2009