Remote Control Software that Spans Multiple Screens

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by elindydotcom, Apr 6, 2003.

1. I'm looking for remote control software that will allow the client to span multiple screens. The two that I've tried so far restricts the client to one screen so in a multi-screen setup, I can't expand [the client] beyond 1 screen to make good use of my screen real-estate.

I've tried Windows-XP built-in Remote Desktop as well as VNC. I'm hoping that someone here has experience with PCAnywhere or any of the other commercially available applications and can comment on them.

Thanks for any help.

-eLindy

2. I personally hate PCAnywhere. I use GoToMyPC.com - it works fine with multi-screen desktops

3. elie

elie

I personally hate PCAnywhere. I use GoToMyPC.com - it works fine with multi-screen desktops

ArchAngel

got following answer from GoToMyPC.com :

>>Dear Eli,

Thanks for your interest in GoToMyPC!

GoToMyPC does not support multi monitor setups at this
    time.<<

would really like to see them wrong :)

thanks for the tip, nice software

4. Guessing the tech that responded probably didn't really understand the question. On W2K and XP systems, multi-monitor is effectively hidden, the desktop just looks like a single large high resolution screen. When I remotely access one of my multiple monitor systems from my notebook, the G2MyPC window on my notebook is scalled to show the whole large desktop of my remote system. I can zoom to normal and scroll around it or leave it scaled.

5. opm8

opm8

Try Remote Administrator from www.famatech.com. It's an awesome program for remote admin stuff but I'm not sure about the multi-monitor part.

--opm8

6. elie

elie

ArchAngel

thank You for the info, I will check with their support again.

OPM8

thank You for the link.