Reminiscences of a Stock Operator...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by alanack, Nov 4, 2002.

1. never read the book... is it a really good one??? :eek:

Ice
    :cool:

p.s. good quotes to post

#11     Aug 25, 2004
  2. best trading book ever written. I wish they would make a movie out of it.

scalp

#12     Aug 25, 2004
  3. maczter

maczter

Can't say if it's the best since I haven't read but a small number of them, but it's certainly the best I've read.

#13     Aug 25, 2004
  4. i read it once.

& listen to it everytime i take a long drive. 9 cd's.

#14     Aug 25, 2004
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

ive read it several times.

i learn some new stuff each time

#15     Aug 25, 2004
  6. DTK

DTK

Where did you get the CD's?
    I really like rereading it when I can, but staring at a book is the last thing that I want to do after staring at a screen all day.

-DTK

#16     Aug 25, 2004
  7. Quote from maczter:[/i]

"The way in which someone chooses to end their life doesn't change the wisdom of the lessons taught by the stories shared during their life before they chose to end it"

Just for historical accuracy, Livermore was suffering from inoperable cancer when he chose to end his life... Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, in mho, was probably the best book ever written regarding the psychology of the trader, and of the market place, by someone who actually traded for a living... much better than Tharp, Douglas, Elder etc.. If you can get your hands on it, read also Livermore's book "How to trade in stocks" (1940 original version, not the Traders Press update by Richard Smitten).

#17     Aug 25, 2004
  8. ms_9901

ms_9901

please Phoenix, give us some more wisdom. God#9, could you be more specfic, mdmbud that is amazing, you have a dual processor PIII. Damn. ChrisRT, Thanks. Avalanche, what a good name. Man, you must be rich as hell. why are you here. I bet Avalanche is knocking down a couple of mil a week. Well small snowball, whats up.

#18     Aug 25, 2004
  9. maczter

maczter

Found this Canadian re-print (unedited) of "How to Trade in Stocks"... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=6907500286&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

#19     Aug 25, 2004
  10. damir00

damir00 Guest

when you read about people in the book saying "but it's different this time!" 100 years ago...then see people posting "but it's different this time!" on ET now...you realize just how little markets change.

#20     Aug 25, 2004