Reminder: It's a group of democrats proposing a transaction tax on stock trades.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seasideheights, Oct 19, 2008.

1. That will kill trading as we know it.

Give the Democrats the White House & Congress & you can kiss your trading goodbye.

Buy 1,000 shares of AAPL at $100. 1/2% transaction tax = $500.

Sell 1,000 shares of AAPL at $101. 1/2% transaction tax = $505.

You just lost $5.

Is voting for Obama really worth your trading career?

2. This Bill Will never pass.
    Obama has Rubin/ Summers / Buffet on his team.

I'm voting Obama or there won't be anything to short anymore

3. wait until you see the largest spending regime in the history of the World. he will make Bush look like a penny pincher. He is easily the furthest left candidate to be nominated much less win (according to the National Review).

i don't like Mccain or the republicans either, but mark my words, you will see spending on a scale we never imagined.

i am for small government and much less spending. Sorta along the lines of ron paul, but with a president that isn't so far out in left field (not sure paul is even in the stadium).

4. Your statements exactly contradict what is known right now -- his proposed spending is a trillion or more less than McCain's proposed spending.

Wow, the National Review. So... he's going to nationalize the banking system like the Republicans just did.

I'll mark your words.

5. I don't want to hear republicans and fiscal hawks, small government in the same sentence again.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Democraps in control of the legislative and executive branchs and you can kiss a lot more goodbye. I'm surprised more undecided's and independent's aren't more worried about it. Usually they are.

Keep in mind only a fraction of ET's members trade at all.