Remember when the nuts on the left laughed about death panels?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 4, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Just a little preview of what we should expect to see coming, 10 yr old girl who would survive a lung trsnplant cant get one because of government rules.

Kathleen Sebelius won’t waive regulation for girl with five weeks to live: ‘Someone lives and someone dies’

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius rebuffed an appeal from Rep. Lou Barletta on behalf of a girl who needs a lung transplant but can’t get one because of a federal regulation that prevents her from qualifying for a transplant.

“Please, suspend the rules until we look at this policy,” Barletta, a Pennsylvania Republican, asked Sebelius during a House hearing Tuesday on behalf of Sarah Murnaghan, a 10-year-old girl who needs a lung transplant. She can’t qualify for an adult lung transplant until the age of 12, according to federal regulations, but Sebelius has the authority to waive that rule on her behalf. The pediatric lungs for which she currently qualifies aren’t available.

“I would suggest, sir, that, again, this is an incredibly agonizing situation where someone lives and someone dies,” Sebelius replied. “The medical evidence and the transplant doctors who are making the rule — and have had the rule in place since 2005 making a delineation between pediatric and adult lungs, because lungs are different that other organs — that it’s based on the survivability [chances].”

Barletta countered that medical professionals think Murneghan could survive an adult lung transplant. During the exchange, he also said that the girl has three to five weeks to live.

Sebelius reminded Barletta that 40 people in Pennsylvania are on the “highest acuity list” for lung transplants.

2. I thought this is what the conservatives wanted, the rich live and the poor die. It's the free market way.

3. If it had been Obama's daughter I wonder how long it would have taken that policy to be changed?

Probably less time than it took his brother to get a shady charity approved.

4. Eight

Eight

It was pointed out that in Britain's socialized med system there are indeed death panels. Doctors decide where to apply their limited resources and some die as a result.

I was philosophically opposed to the Obamacare thingy. Recently I woke up and realized that it was just some more s%^t from the Medical Cartel. We have seen prices rise continually for decades, now they have pulled off the coup d'etat and gotten the Public Sector to pay for everything and/or force huge premiums on everybody.

We should stop worrying about all the silly things like incrementally creeping freedom to smoke pot and just try to dismantle the Medical Cartel. They got opium outlawed and now they control the legal supply of all the opiates. All the major pain relievers are synthetic opium and everything else is either illegal or frowned upon mightily.. That's how they roll. They take away our choices then they make their treatments mandatory very nearly. I swear, I have more respect for the Drug Cartels than the Medical Professionals who are just another Drug Cartel but hiding behind masks of respectability...

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

GOOD point!

6. If it had been Boehner's daughter I wonder how long it would have taken that policy to be changed?

Probably less time than it took...(put in your own stupid comment here )___________.

7. Solid points.

8. Wallet

Wallet

I think all of congress is exempt from the healthcare rules they voted on their constituencies ...... another reason for term limits

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Exactly correct and true

10. achilles28

achilles28

Apparently its the Liberal Way, too.

How 'bout that?

#10     Jun 4, 2013