Remember the guy that couldnt sell 1oz of gold for 50 bucks? He's back.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 30, 2009.

1. This time he tried to give the coin away for free if people could just GUESS the price of gold plus or minus 25%. Its amazing that some people have no idea what gold is worth. No wonder cash for gold commericals do so well..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAaVK5AkZzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAaVK5AkZzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. A nail in the coffin of the "gold is money" theory.

3. You need to stop smoking that crack.

4. How do you like all of those "Cash For Gold" commercials... "send us your old, broken, mismatched gold jewelry and we'll send you CASH!"...

Yeah, about 20-30% of melt value. (I'm just envious because I never thought of this scam myself...)

5. That guy's hair is obnoxious.

6. 151

As far as I can tell the only thing of true value in this world is labor. Everything else is free.

7. AyeYo

AyeYo

I'd like to see all the out-takes of the people that DID know the value and he had to respond with, "Naaaaah bro, I can't actually give you maaah coin man. I was just kiddin you bro."

8. Someone obviously has no clue how pawnshops operate or how jewelers buy gold, silver, platinum, etc. from clientele.

9. aegis

aegis

I was thinking the same thing.

It's just like those "Americans are stupid" clips you see on TV. Of course, some Americans answered the questions correctly, but they never air those clips.

10. What about the jeweler though? I mean his business is dealing with jewelry made of gold. How could he be so off in what the price of gold is? He thought it was about $1000 per oz.

#10     Nov 30, 2009