Remember Dubai? You were dreaming

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by kaciara, Dec 1, 2009.

1. That depends on how "well connected" one is.
    :)

#11     Dec 1, 2009
  2. lol.. go outside the 7-star hotel to the beach there's feces all over the place:p

#12     Dec 2, 2009
  3. Dogfish

Dogfish

What's funny is that the guy who wrote that article is a UK tax payer, and as the government owns RBS which has the largest backing of the Dubai debt, he owns a piece of Dubai. Now I am from UK but am in Dubai as an expat - not paying any tax. So the joke's on him, he's paying for my party and has more of an investment in the place than I do.

It's actually far more Christmasy here in Dubai than the UK, there's carol singers in the malls, huge Christmas trees and the shops are full of santas and Christmas decorations with big Merry Christmas signs. All the hotels do big christmas lunches and mince pies, christmas puddings and live trees on sale in every supermarket.

Now in London, carol singers are banned from the rail stations, Christmas street lights can't depict anything religious like an angel and you have cards saying "seasons greetings" all so you don't offend the religious minorities - keeping it all politically correct, the west daren't celebrate Christmas as they may upset someone. :confused:

#13     Dec 2, 2009