Remarkable Call, Financial Crisis Over...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flytiger, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I think that people should be held accountable for what they say, especially when they speak with such certainty and abandon. Free speech is one thing. Its abuse is quite another.

#11     Mar 20, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Richard X. Bove is a bank analyst, guess what his compensation is tied to?

Richard Bove's son is an institutional salesman @ what firm, you guessed it, Punk Ziegel & Co.

You see where this is going?

#12     Mar 20, 2008
  3. It's just business as usual, my friend.

I'm waiting for the retail folks to come forward and talk about the damage. Then, the lawyers come out. God, I wish I went to Law School. What a license to steal.

I got stuck in an arbitration one time from a client/friend who thought Dean Witter had big pockets. We won easily, because it was a bullshit claim. After 5 years, the lawyer says, and this man lost our client mney. And DW's says, he made her money. And without missing a beat, he says........

"then he didn't make her enough money." You just can't make it up.

Anyway, at the Depostion, DW/my lawyer knew the other shyster. My ass is on the line for what I believe is no fault of mine, and these two assholes start talking about their families, and where they're going on vacation. WTF????

I watch these third world execution squads thinking, 'ya know,they may have something here.'

#13     Mar 20, 2008
  4. I feel your pain. I have dealt with lawyers in the past and have learned to dislike them as a matter of course. Although my opinion may change from one lawyer to the next, it begins with a presumption of guilt and slime.

#14     Mar 20, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

You know how many times I heard it was a buying opportunity from 14k levels all the way down to 12k......

Everyone thinks the financial crisis over because of the massive rate cuts and the bailout of BSC.....its not over.....for some reason everyone thinks that something this huge can end in only 5-6 months, I dont think so, something of this magnitude takes years....

#15     Mar 20, 2008
  6. I'll take it one step further by saying there was no crisis in the first place expect for a media generated 'financial crisis'.

#16     Mar 20, 2008
  7. Go down to the docks and watch the tugs work w/ an aircraft carrier. Takes a while, doesn't it?

#17     Mar 20, 2008
  8. So then why did Bernanke feel the misguided need to reduce rates? Does he take his cue from TV shows?

#18     Mar 20, 2008
  9. He's got a point. I think I'll call Florida Legislature, and tell them to Call CNBC and get back the 2.8 billion we lost to Lehman and JPM. Makes it so clean and easy.

#19     Mar 20, 2008
  10. Fade the early rally

#20     Mar 20, 2008