Remain calm...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, May 10, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

also take notice how quick the drop appeared, nearly a few days of gains wiped out in a couple of hours...

#11     May 10, 2007
  2. you sound like quite the trader s2007. The mkt will go up, unless it goes down. You in politics?

#12     May 10, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

nah just being a little sarcastic, thats all.

The bulls come out saying everything is fine, fine, fine when there is a day of panic selling......

:p

#13     May 10, 2007
  4. OF COURSE! The Street has to fuck Joe Six Pack out of his money. You see Main Street USA and all the real estate speculators have to get their money into the market in order for all the investment houses to rip them off. What better way to get them in other than RECORD LEVELS.

Can't whip a bull every day for a month and not expect it to at least take a breather.

Just make the money on the downside now.

Ahhhh, what a wonderful game.

#14     May 10, 2007
  5. propeller

propeller

First decent down move in ages lets hope the volatility continues and we hit some big downside stops

How does that rhyme go? Sell in May and go away, the press say ignore it this year - best sell signal yet

#15     May 10, 2007
  6. The fact that you would even suggest to buy the VERY day the S&P is falling hard just shows all of us what kind of donkey you really are. Even IF buying is the right play still you certainly dont do it during today! You buy pullbacks if you want later on not catching a falling knife the first day!

DONKEY!!

#16     May 10, 2007
  7. I'm trying to get out of my positions.. two more to go. Maybe shorting SPY is a good idea?..some kind of index ETF to profit off the correction.

#17     May 10, 2007
  8. You guys crack me up. The market needs to take two steps forward and then one step back.

The $MID goes from 875 to 900, so guess where it will go next? 900-12.5= 888. Where is the $MID right now? 888

Please stop with these threads of "remain calm". These are not for pro or even little league. Open your eyes and see whats going on. Two steps forward, one step back.

However, the Russell 2000 is concerning me. If it goes down another 1-2% then we will have a horrible cup/handle failure.

When you look at the SML, MID, SPX, and OEX seperately, you realizethat the situation is just a two-step. However, the RUT is not looking as good as any of those indexes.

I'll change my tune if the RUT goes down another 1%. I'll be taking my 401k into the shelter of the Wellington.

#18     May 10, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Mike you did say about month ago that the Russel was moving onto new highs without any corrections, from what I have seen the past few weeks is a very weak russel 2000, this index falls hard than most indexes when it sells off.

That is one index I would be worried about as well...

#19     May 10, 2007
  10. Once again MR Know-it-all swoops in to enlighten us. Please stop Mr. Scott, your silly calculations are for the birds, you are not a real trader, just prolly some ex-broker who thinks he knows a lot about the mkts when in reality, he does not.

#20     May 10, 2007