Religion vs wealth

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Covertibility, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Huh, Harvard appears to have found a correlation between religious belief and prosperity...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/31/arts/31GOD.html ...especially Christianity!

To the moderators: Is there a way to put a poster on mark/identify posters of little value, so that all can globally ignore or know on site that a post is a troll post or otherwise generally stupid? If so, can we put stock_trader and fkbushites in such a list? I put the moron fkbushites in my ignore list, but, unfortunately still seem to be able to see this morons' posts. It would be really convenient if they were in like green or some other font color, so that they would be easier to ignore...should the ignore list miss them.

-gastropod

#41     Aug 18, 2009
  2. I can understand this to be true, have you ever read the holy books from religions, it's a mess, every book has hundreds of contradictions.

If Darwin wrote in origin of the species page 1 animals come from god and page 200 animals come from bacteria.. thats exactly the type of contradiction in bible, koran, and other books.

Anybody who then says
    "God works in mysterious ways"
    is a tool:cool:

I have respect for people who believe in a god-type creator but do not think any existing scriptures are true. They have at least more common sense.

#42     Aug 18, 2009
  3. But, but, religion is a prison! :p

#43     Aug 18, 2009
  4. clacy

clacy

Yes, I get that even whites make less on average. You stated however, that the Southern states are net wellfare states, taking more money from the government, than they pay.

I was pointing out that even if that's true, the fact that there is a much larger black population contributes. Blacks make much less than whites and even hispanics.

Secondly, yes cost of living is dramatically different.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=50000&city1=52938000&city2=50664000

This site claims that you would need to make $68k in Sacramento, in order to live a comparable life style as $50k in Kansas City.

Your original point was to make the correlation that

Southerners = Poor = Stupid = Republican

which is completely false.

The following are from nation wide exit polls from the 2004 election.......

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

63% of those making less than $15k/yr voted for Kerry

63% making more than $200k/yr voted for Bush

So by your own criteria...........

Republicans are wealthier, and therefore smarter than Democrats:D

#44     Aug 18, 2009
  5. logikos

logikos

Wealth causes many to worship money and themselves, and abandon God. They become their own god.

#45     Aug 18, 2009
  6. AK100

AK100

Only in America could Church pastors/vicars (or whatever they're called*) ask their congregation(s) for cash to buy private jets. And many of the mugs, sorry congregation pay up!

It's so surreal it's unbelievable.

* How about 'conmen'

#46     Aug 18, 2009
  7. In western Europe god is dead that's for sure.

Churches are empty and nobody wants to become a priest cause everyone will think you are a pedofile anyways.

#47     Aug 18, 2009
  8. And the irony is that they're the ones promoting Intelligent Design.

#48     Aug 18, 2009
  9. FYI it's 2009 now.

How about looking at the most recent stats instead of looking at stats for a sitting president with a proclivity to lie about delusional threats.

[​IMG]

You FAIL. Blaming Blacks for bad theeth and inadequate footwear in the red states is getting a tad old.

In EVERY metrics. Red states. LAST.

The only metrics they lead in is their growing faith in a fickle bordering on malicious all powerful bogeyman.

Even the divorce rates are higher in the red states. So much for their "religiosity". All screwing around like rabbits and then praying to the bogeyman to forgive one last time.

#49     Aug 18, 2009

10. EXACTLY.

#50     Aug 18, 2009