Religion vs wealth

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Covertibility, Aug 17, 2009.

1. clacy

clacy

The is statistically poor due in large part to a very high black population as well as very low cost of living.

It's the tax paying white people, who are agains the public option.

#21     Aug 17, 2009
  2. Since we are on the topic of religion and wealth, once the US government gets done raising taxes and we all have less money, we will all be praying to someone for a new leader.

#22     Aug 17, 2009
  3. I know atheism makes people angry. The biggest bunch of complainers in this world are atheists. If they are not complaining about Christians, they are complaining about the government. If they are not complaining about the government, they are complaining about their bosses. If they are not complaining about their bosses, they are complaining about the guy that cut them off in traffic or the guy using his cell phone while driving.

Basically I think atheism is the religion of powerless people.

Even if I didnt believe in God, i think being an atheist would just be a horrible life to live. I would not want to spend my life being angry all the time and finding the only enjoyment I have in life is to insult people (usually with profanity) of anyone who is different than myself. The only time I seem to see a peaceful atheist is when they have smoked a gram or two of marijuana or taken some other drug that calms them down.

#23     Aug 17, 2009
  4. First of all, secularism is a religion as defined by the Supreme Court in various cases beginning in 1941 and the current dictionary affirms the same thing as all beliefs pertaining to origin, meaning, morality and destiny require faith because science will never be able to explain them. Secondly, seeing how many of our world's college professors, from physics to math, philosophy to biology, USC to Cambridge to Oxford, affirm they believe in God kinda puts a damper on your stupid people theory.

#24     Aug 17, 2009
  5. At Bürgerbraukeller in Munich on April 1922, Hitler made the following speech:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. .. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

Just about every lunatic since the beginning of time suffered from the poison known as religion. I don't recall atheists flying planes into buildings, holding up signs that say "God hates America, fags, the army, etc...", setting people on fire for being a witch, poisoning the Kool-Aid, hanging black people from trees..etc..etc..etc..

And yet despite no proof of this so called supreme being anywhere, the chaos continues on.

#25     Aug 17, 2009
  6. Just a few thoughts to ponder...

I like to simplify man's relationship to God as sort of like an ant's relationship to man. The ant can do some pretty amazing things, but it can't really comprehend the "greatness" of man. In fact, the ant probably can't really be aware that a man is "there", or that he even exists, because his "greatness" is beyond the ant's realm of understanding. This is somewhat analagous to man's relationship to God, IMHO.

I recall sitting in my surgeon's office awaiting his advice regarding my impending knee surgery. There was a working model of the human knee sitting on a table, so I studied its parts and contemplated the magnificence of how all these parts worked together to let me walk (you think that way when your knee is messed up and you don't take walking for granted at the moment). The thought crossed my mind how much greater faith one must have to believe the human knee "just happened", or that it "evolved", than to accept the fact that Someone on a higher level must have created it.

I just hope the original poster will open his heart and mind to be able to see what is so obvious to those of us who believe in God and have come to accept the sacrifice of his Son, Jesus Christ. My friend, I say these words not to argue, but rather to invite you. God is patient. Someday you will acknowledge Him.

Blessings,

AM.

#26     Aug 17, 2009
  7. And it astounds me that people believe a magical, invisible, omni-potent individual exists somewhere that created everything we see today. Thinking rationally, the wizard creator seems a tad more statistically improbable then billions of year of evolution.

#27     Aug 17, 2009
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

If one only performs calculations and sees that even the chance of 1 protein being created by evolution is pretty phenomenal, then what about our whole planet with all it beings.

The odds are overwhelmingly support that God does exist.

However, people need to realize that the bible did not arrive to us by fax from heaven, it is a man made material. Just do some research on Roman Emperor Konstantin.

God does exist, but there is no Christian, Jewish, Muslim and so on God.

There is only one God, the rest is just human fantasies and interpretations.

#28     Aug 17, 2009
  9. I am starting worship Sun, if Sun dies, we're all gone, the rest is bullshits. :D

#29     Aug 17, 2009
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

Chumps imagine there is a god. Believing just shows your weakness and shows a lack of intellectual honesty.

If i evolved from a monkey, so be it. I know many humans that still are below monkeys as we speak so that just proves evolution is not completly fair. :D

Many republicans are so called religious nutcases.....it shows as they follow the leader in politics that they are told to follow. Religion on the right explains why they all toe the line. LOSERS, the whole lot of them.

HOG OUT!!!!

#30     Aug 17, 2009