Religion vs wealth

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Covertibility, Aug 17, 2009.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Television can make you rich! I bet if you listed net worth and number of households televisions, you would find that those with 4 or more televisions in a house were substantially better off than those with just 1 or 2.

Also, country club memberships at exclusve clubs has a high correlation. As does how much you spend on clothes. And owning your own jet - man that's the stepping stone to wealth there! Clearly the way to get rich is to spend your @$$ off. And get divorced, pay out millions to your ex then get a trophy wife. Yoiu'll be rich beyond belief then!

LOL.

#11     Aug 17, 2009

2. funny. the TV analogy is wrong. when i was a slumlord, it wasn't uncommon to see tv's in the bathrooms, kithens and bedrooms of section 8 housing.

however, the rich spend more than the poor--- but not on TV's generally.

:D

#12     Aug 17, 2009
  3. #13     Aug 17, 2009
  4. I love George Carlin, brutal honesty, a real stand up comedian.

#14     Aug 17, 2009
  5. djkla

djkla

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty, and the base things of the world, and the things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought the things that are:
    That no flesh should glory in his presence.

-1Cor. 1:27-29

#15     Aug 17, 2009
  6. toc

toc

Good religious practices gives one immense peace and permanent delight which any amount of wealth cannot. Talk about input and output, Religious ways are more efficient to reaching bliss.

:D :cool: :)

#16     Aug 17, 2009
  7. I think he was making sarcastic examples.

#17     Aug 17, 2009

8. ok. its tough to tell in this format.

thanks!

#18     Aug 17, 2009
  9. US is an outlier because of the sad trailer monkey south tea-bagging states. These are all uniformly net Welfare collecting states. This is not a blanket statement against all Southerners, just stating the facts.

These people are against govt. medical option yet they are the ones who need medical help. They all need their theeth fixed and are morbidly obese.

Does Religion make people stupid?

or is it stupid people who are attracted to the fantasy tales of a creator who actually gives a sh*t?

#19     Aug 17, 2009

10. Interesting...there is one that you couldnt use though...Cars! There is no relation to number of cars and your wealth. For instance. A rich man will have 5 or 6 cars. A poor man will also have 5 or 6 cars (most usually on blocks though)

#20     Aug 17, 2009