religion. the greatest money making scheme ever devised.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Mar 28, 2012.

1. TBN Makes Founders Filthy Rich.

More revelations are coming out in the lawsuit filed by the granddaughter of Paul and Jan Crouch, owners of the Trinity Broadcasting Network, and they include details of a lavish lifestyle that includes multiple private jets and homes just for dogs.

The claims – by Brittany Koper, whose grandfather Paul Crouch founded TBN, and by Joseph McVeigh, another family member – describe exorbitant spending on mansions in California, Tennessee and Florida, private jets and even a $100,000 (£63,000) mobile home to house the dogs of Crouch’s flamboyant wife, Janice…

According to the lawsuit, reported in US newspapers, Paul Crouch Sr obtained a $50m luxury jet for his personal use through a “sham loan”, while church funds – many of which come from donations during events like its “Praise-a-thons” – paid for the dogs’ mobile home.

McVeigh’s lawsuit makes the most damning allegations, claiming “unlawful and unreported income distributions to Trinity Broadcasting’s directors” with “multiple jet aircraft, including a $50m Global Express luxury jet aircraft purchased for the personal use of the Crouches through a sham loan … as well as an $8m Hawker jet aircraft purchased by Trinity Broadcasting for the personal use of director Janice Crouch”.

It also describes the purchase of “multiple motor vehicles, including a $100,000 motor home purchased by Trinity Broadcasting as a mobile residence for director Janice Crouch’s dogs”.

Directors of the network are also accused of misusing funds to cover up sex scandals, including the alleged “cover-up and destruction of evidence concerning a bloody sexual assault involving Trinity Broadcasting and affiliated Holy Land Experience employees; the cover-up of director Janice Crouch’s affair with a staff member at the Holy Land Experience; the cover-up of director Paul Crouch’s use of Trinity Broadcasting funds to pay for a legal settlement with Enoch Lonnie Ford (a former TBN employee who said he had a homosexual affair with [founder] Paul Crouch)”.
    In other words, business as usual for these televangelist con men. These are people who push the “prosperity gospel,” which claims that if you “sow your seed of faith” — by sending them money, of course — then God will send it back to you tenfold or a hundredfold. If they really believed that, of course, they’d be giving their money away rather than begging you to send it to them. But they don’t. Because it’s a big scam.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/28/tbn-makes-founders-filthy-rich-film-at-11/

2. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/201...channel-owners-lawsuit?cat=world&type=article

World's largest Christian TV channel 'funds owners' exorbitant lifestyle'Lawsuit brought by family members claims Trinity Broadcasting Network founder and his wife bought their jets with sham loan
    The world's largest Christian TV channel, the California-based Trinity Broadcasting Network, has become embroiled in a multimillion-dollar financial scandal after members of the family that founded it alleged widespread embezzlement.

The claims – by Brittany Koper, whose grandfather Paul Crouch founded TBN, and by Joseph McVeigh, another family member – describe exorbitant spending on mansions in California, Tennessee and Florida, private jets and even a $100,000 (£63,000) mobile home to house the dogs of Crouch's flamboyant wife, Janice.

The network, which claims to broadcast in every continent except the Antarctic and has 18,000 affiliates, was set up by Crouch in the 1970s and preaches a "prosperity gospel" which promises material rewards to those who give generously.

Two years ago it declared a net worth of more than $800m, although in recent years it has faced increasing financial problems. Details of the claims are contained in cases filed with the California courts by McVeigh, who says he was targeted by the network, and 26-year-old Koper, who was fired in September.

According to the lawsuit, reported in US newspapers, Paul Crouch Sr obtained a $50m luxury jet for his personal use through a "sham loan", while church funds – many of which come from donations during events like its "Praise-a-thons" – paid for the dogs' mobile home.

3. Praise the Lord!

4. Tax Free

......Preacher preaching love like vengeance
    Preaching love like hate
    Calling for large donations
    Promising estates
    Rolling lawns and angel bands
    Behind the pearly gates
    You know, he will have his in this life
    But yours will have to wait
    He's immaculately tax free

"Mulitiple hundreds of thousands of ..."
    Tax free
    "Hundreds and millions of dollars"
    Tax free
    "A hundred billion dollars!
    And who is paying the price?
    Who, who
    "Your children are"

Pissed off
    Jacked up
    Scream into the mike
    Spit into the loving cup
    Strut like a rooster
    March like a man
    God's hired hands and the devil bands
    Packing the same grandstands
    Different clothes
    "Pot in their pockets!"
    Different hair
    "Sexually active"
    Raise a screaming guitar or a bible in the air
    Theatre of anguish
    Theatre of glory
    God's hired hands and the devil bands
    Oh come let us adore---ME!
    Lord, there's danger in this land
    You get witch-hunts and wars
    When church and state hold hands

Fuck it!
    Tonight I'm going dancing
    With the drag queens and the punks
    Big beat deliver me
    From this sanctimonious skunk
    We're no flaming angels
    And he's not heaven sent
    How can he speak for the Prince of Peace
    When he's hawk-right militant
    And he's immaculately tax free

"Our nation has lost its guts!"
    Save me
    "Our nation has lost its strength"
    Tax free
    "Our nation has whimpered and cried"
    Save me
    "And petted the Castros"
    Tax free
    "The Khomeinis' and the Kaddafis'"
    Save me
    "For so long"
    Tax free
    "That we don't know how to act like a man"
    Save me
    "I think that we should turn the United States Marines
    loose on that little island south of Florida and
    stop that problem!"
    "I am preachin' love, I am!"

Joni Mitchell "Tax Free"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoeglR5K6q4

5. for doing the lords work. the lord seems to like this way of getting his message out.
    kind of similar to the way the lord seems to like to watch catholic priests rape little boys in his name.