Religion, and the New America

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by riskfreetrading, Jan 20, 2009.

1. You are wrong about it. America voted and told the people who think like you that America is for all Americans.

The President spoke what America told him to say. They voted for him. You have to respect that.
    [/QUOTE]

A couple of hypotheticals do not overturn the historical fact that religious diufferences have created horrnedous problems in countries too numerous to list. The issue is particularly crucial where muslims are involved because of their intolerance and propensity to violence and terrorism.

As for Obama, I have no idea what you're talking about. He made an absolute obsession of convincing everyone he was a died in the wool Christian, to the point he dumped his longtime pastor when his crazed rants became public. At Obama's insistence, the media banned any mention of his middle name, lest anyone realize he was born and raised as a muslim. Even the befuddled John McCain joined in, attacking his own supporters for daring to utter the middle name that must not be used. Until now.

#11     Jan 20, 2009
  2. "“In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy and abortion in the prosperous democracies."

from a study by Gregory Paul published in the Journal of Religion and Society.

http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2006/2006-7.html

#12     Jan 20, 2009
  3. ==========================
    RfreeT;
    Thanks for your inclusive thoughtful, loving, inclusive comments.

a] Frankly i love that way the black fighter pilot,who wore black,cool sunglasses;:cool: ;
    and said I AM NOT AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN,
    I AM AN AMERICAN.
    AMEN.

a] AND AS THE BLACK SPIRITUALSONG SAYs;
    a] again,amen, amen ,amem ,amen , amen!! Love that spiritual song.
    And while Abraham is in Bible, now where is it written all Abe's kid are true worshippers of the Most High God.??No where is that written, its a false/non Biblical idea.

NO high like the most high God.
    ==============================

z] And not only is Islam not a religion of peace;
    allah is a false/mean spirited , death loving god.
    And yet i have to agree with the King of Arabia-cut the gas tax, get the price down,LOL:D God bless the Saudi Arabian king, he also invested billions in a TX gasoline refinery, help get the unleaded price down, supply UP:cool:

#13     Jan 24, 2009
  4. Whoever calls Jesus the son of god is crazy as maniac. How and why a supreme being like God have a flesh and blood son? That is why the Koran was sent upon us to save the world from these crazy maniacs. Also in Koran, it says Bible was diverted to mislead people like it is doing now. You can find 30 different kinds of Bible you don't know which one is God's real word and yet you choose one to believe. Isn't this crazy?

Bible is one of the reasons Koran was sent. Because it was changed thru the years by clerics at that time unlike Koran which is intact for centuries.

Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet not as the son of god. We respect Jesus more than Christians. Also, we do not mock him or impersonate him in movies and advertisements or musicals. That is disgraceful and it must stop.

#14     Jan 24, 2009
  5. "Diversity is a weakness, not a strength"

Thanks for sharing Adolph...

#15     Jan 24, 2009