Reliable Prop Firms ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jetmacrotrader, Jun 21, 2009.

1. GT--I understand that JC is not taking people who have not traded prop before. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks,

jammy

#11     Jun 26, 2009
  2. JC Trading
    Global Markets Trading
    Bright Trading
    Echo Trading

#12     Jun 26, 2009
  3. I am looking to join a prop firm as well and need a place to hold all three of my securities licenses, the 7, 55, and 63. I am not fresh out of college and have over a year experience trading. I am having a difficult time getting a response from FNSY, TRILLIUM, Jane Street etc. I prefer to work in an office enviornment and not remote. But if I have to I will trade remote depending on the firm, commission, payout and trading platform.

Any suggestions?

#13     Jun 26, 2009
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Bright Trading.

#14     Jun 26, 2009
  5. some relatively reliable firms that i am aware of are:

Global Market Trading
    Bright Trading
    JC Trading

#15     Jun 28, 2009
  6. jumper

jumper

Which of these firms do NOT require a one year lock up? That's a dealbreaker for most experienced guys (of course, not all).

#16     Jun 28, 2009
  7. No lock up.

Don

#17     Jun 29, 2009
  8. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Echotrade and Bright Trading, which are the only two firms I recommend to people.

#18     Jun 29, 2009
  9. Firms like Hold Bros and Assent are FINRA firms that require and hold the series 55 license as well as the 7 and 63. Some of the other firms mentioned are registered thru the PHLX exchange and may only hold the series 7 and not thru FINRA. Xeres is another FINRA firm that holds the series 55 license.

Assent definately has a 1 year lockup period, but you can get in putting up like $10k in capital...maybe only $5k.

#19     Jun 29, 2009
  10. I want the real prop firm deal. No money up and no lock up period and a real group of professional traders that play no games. Anyone have a connection in getting in with First New York Securities or Jane Street etc.

#20     Jun 29, 2009