Reliable platform (with remote PC monitoring or cloud) for semi-auto-trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by kbellare, Jun 8, 2013.

1. kbellare

kbellare

I'm a swing trader (3-10day holding period) of futures and stocks/ETFs, using strategies with semi-automated/auto trading signals. My challenge is that I'm not near my primary PC (that hosts my trading platform) most times (travelling or at work) and am looking for

1a) A reliable PC monitoring agent that alerts me when my network, trading platform or PC goes down AND remotely controls the PC (e.g. wake it up if it's in Sleep mode)

1b) If nothing like this exists, is there a cloud service that would support this? Unfortunately, most trading platforms run on Windows 7 and most cloud providers only offer Windows Server (not Windows 7) and seem overpriced on bandwidth (since I'd be streaming 1minute intervals on over 200 tickers)

2) A "remote" semi-automated trading platform that supports both
    (a) portfolio-level strategy monitoring across 200+ futures and stocks and
    (b) sends timely SMS signals (to support semi-automated trading) and allows me to trade from a mobile application (or secondary PC/Web).
    Only eSignal seems to support portfolio monitoring and SMS alerts but not remote orders from mobile (I've looked at NinjaTrader, TradeStation, WealthLab, MultiCharts and none seem to support both). Any ideas on portfolio trading platforms with remote semi-automated trading?

KB