Reliable EOD data into Tradestion 2000i

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by J-S, Sep 1, 2002.

1. J-S

J-S

Hi everyone. I'm searching for a reliable source of end of day data to feed into Tradestation 2000i. Ideally I'd also like to get at least 3 years of historical data with the service and I'm looking to follow the major currencies, commodities, US and foreign stocks and stock indices.
    I've heard that esignal is compatible with dynastore 3rd party software. Has anyone tried this - is it a robust setup?

Failing that are there any better alternatives? I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Jo

2. J-S

J-S

I wonder whether Tradestation might be able to help with this? Does anyone have an email address for someone in Tradestation that can recommend EOD data providers for 2000i?

I've tried emailing dynastore http://www.dynastoresoftware.com/ last week but there has been no response. This concerns me a bit, as there isn't a phone number and I can't go without data for a week if there are problems.
    Can anyone comment on dynastores reliability?

If anyone has any other suggestions they will be gratefully received.

J-S

3. One

One

I have used CSI's "Unfair Advantage" data bases (stocks, futures, options, cash) in Tradestation 4.0 for several years specifically because it was by far the most accurate in testing by one of the trade mags (either "Futures" or "Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities" I think). CSI goes to extremes to ensure accuracy and allows the user considerable flexibility in constructing data bases (front month, perpectual, back adjusted, or gann contracts for example). The number of errors I have found is down by at least 95% versus the 4 or 5 other providers I have used.

I believe they offer a free trial and I suspect that the comparitive study on data vendor accuracy is still on their website or available if you do a web search.

O.

4. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

TradeStation Technologies now also offers TradeStation 6 End-of-day Research Edition for only $49.95 per month. Designed as a research tool for longer term analysis of daily, weekly and monthly trading strategies, TradeStation 6 End-of-day Research Edition includes powerful strategy testing and monitoring features, as well as delayed equities and futures data. Charts and Quotes displaying delayed data during market hours.

5. J-S

J-S

I looked into CSI - It seems like a very expensive, but extremely good service.
    For US & Foreign Stocks and Futures end of day they have quoted me $1220 which is outside of my budget at the moment.

Has anone tried esignal end of day with Tradestation 2000i and dynastore as third party? At the moment this is looking like the most viable option price wise, but there is no trial period so need to be sure.

Thanks

Jo