Relax, Germany Is Going To Eliminate Unemployment until 2020

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Aug 3, 2009.

1. In what has to be one of the most... creative campaign promises in quite a while, Germany's Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier unveils the "Deutschland Plan," wherein he will eliminate unemployment by 2020. True, there are no specific term-limits attached to the position of Chancellor in Germany, but planning out to 2020 is an awfully optimistic reach.

Green jobs and health care are slated to create 4 million new jobs under the plan. Sound familiar?

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/08/relax-germany-is-going-to-elim.php

:p

2. TGregg

TGregg

Let's just extend unemployment from 79 weeks to 790 weeks. And raise taxes. And stop polluting. And turn healthcare over to the government. And borrow a few dozen trillion dollars. That should put the economy into overdrive. :p

Historians will look back at this period and say "See what happens when too many people do drugs."

4. That's just about the most stupid thing I've heard.... (outside of Obamanomics, of course)

Population increasing, already an excess of labor, and "unemployment to be eliminated"?

I guess it might work if one considers one to be employed for "2 days a week at minimum wage."

5. aegis

aegis

Eliminate minimum wage and this could happen (theoretically).

6. There is no minimum wage in Germany (and never were).

So much about the theory. :D

7. the1

the1

Ummm....it has. The market goes up every freaking day!

8. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the market is always a proxy for economic health, b/c it's not.

9. I can't vouch for any other drug, but I could almost guarantee that if our politicians were to smoke some weed, they'd come to thier senses to collectively realize and say "WE ARE F***ING* UP"