Relating Evolution and Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Teleologist, Dec 7, 2008.

1. yeah? where do these scientists get their evidence that it was 6 million years ago? Did they check the humans drivers license when they found him in the shale and it said 'born jan 27, 6,000,000 b.c.'? No...they use an unreliable method called radioactive dating.

A guy a few years back, went to go have some volcano rocks dated to see how old they were. He knew for a fact before that the rocks were formed some 50 years ago. Know what the dating said? It was formed as early as 120,000 years ago to as high as 1.2 million years ago. So much for that method, huh?

Also...how do you think these fully formed fossils come into existance...you think the people/animals just die and there is a full skeleton. Weather, elements, other animals would scatter these bones so fast. No...they got formed because there was a global flood, all these animals/humans drowned and their bodies like on the floor below and were covered with mud. the waters receded, the mud got hard and dry and probably within 100 years (maybe less) theres your fossil.

There are also no transitional animals in the fossil record. NOWHERE! If evolution occurred over millions of years, there should be tons of forms where one species mutated into another species. If we came from apes, there should be tons of transistional forms. But there are not.

#31     Dec 8, 2008
  2. Wallet

Wallet

I was going to stay out of this debate, but now feel led to post. From past personal experience it's hard to share one's faith at times ( especially when people feel like your pushing religion on them) Most of the time the recipient of such does not understand the nature of the sharer.

One can try and prove the non-existence of God, most who try this and really dig, if they are honest with themselves eventually come to the conclusion that they were wrong. This big blue marble in space we live on, didn't happen by chance, the odds alone make it impossible.

The only real proof that I can give is the evidence of what he has done in my life, I know God exists, because I feel the presence of his Holy Spirit in my life, given to me by God's grace and made possible by the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus. I can see Him work in my life, answered prayers, His protection, guidance and when I get out of line His correction.

Difficult to prove in books, but the real life examples of His work are evident in the lives of all true Christians. It's a Faith issue!

Wishing all Grace and Peace.

#32     Dec 8, 2008
  3. Santa Claus is based on a real person that really existed around 300 a.d. named Nicholas of Myra and He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him. Santa Claus is based on him, so in a way...santa did exist.

I suppose rabbits dont exist in your world either. but then Some fool then says that the rabbit will give them colored eggs if they are good...200 years later, they start making chocolate bunnies and easter baskets and before you know it, you got a walking talking rabbit(maybe the easter bunny doesnt talk yet, but in 100 years im sure it will)

See that...both things based of other things that actually exist or existed at one time. So even if you dont believe the bible, now you HAVE to believe that Adam & Eve existed because i just gave you proof that the others exist.

#33     Dec 8, 2008
  4. Just because you have never seen one, doesnt mean one never existed.

You know there are some stories about King Solomon...alot of them seem really out there. There is one story about a two-headed man who had a father with two heads and the the two headed man wanted two shares of an inheritence...but surely, its impossible to have two heads, right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkKWApOAG2g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkKWApOAG2g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#34     Dec 8, 2008
  5. the deluded are always sure that the delusion is true. the jesus story is not unique. throughout history there have been many gods with similar attributes:
    "It seems to me like there are an awful lot a Christians out there that seem absolutely positive that Jesus is, of course, unique and the first of his kind. They are unaware that the myth of their Christ is similar to several other god-men myths. Here are some of those other mythical god-men that Jesus, the Christian Messiah, apparently shares roots with. Does anything about these Gods that predate the christian God sound familiar? Think about these the next time you read the bible and ask yourself why do Gods that predate christianity have the same attributes as biblegod.
    Of course the answer is very clear if you open your mind to the truth. Christianity is a mismash of earlier religions that borrowed its myths from earlier gods. Here is a list of some earlier gods. Does anything sound familiar":
    Zoroaster/Zarathustra

--Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.”
    --He was baptized in a river.
    --In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom.
    --He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil.
    --He began his ministry at age 30.
    --Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.”
    --He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man.
    --He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse.
    --He had a sacred cup or grail.
    --He was slain.
    --His religion had a eucharist.
    --He was the “Word made flesh.”
    Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 CE and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

Mithra of Persia

--Mithra was born of a virgin on December 25 in a cave, and his birth was attended by shepherds bearing gifts.
    --He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
    --He had 12 companions or disciples.
    --Mithra’s followers were promised immortality.
    --He performed miracles.
    --As the “great bull of the Sun,” Mithra sacrificed himself for world peace.
    --He was buried in atomb and after three days rose again.
    --His resurrection was celebrated every year.
    --He was called “the Good Shepherd” and identified with both the Lamb and the Lion.
    --He was considered the “Way, the Truth and the Light,” and the “Logos,” [Word] “Redeemer,” “Savior” and “Messiah.”
    --His sacred day was Sunday, the “Lord’s Day,” hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
    --Mithra had his principal festival on what was later to become Easter.
    --His religion had a eucharist or “Lord’s Supper,” at which Mithra said, “He who shall nto eat of my body nor drink of my blood so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved.”
    --“His annual sacrifice is the Passover of the Magi, a symbolical atonement of pledge of moral and physical regeneration.”
    Virtually all of the elements of the Catholic ritual, from miter to wafer to altar to doxology, are directly taken from earlier Pagan mystery religions.

Attis of Phrygia

--Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana.
    --He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind.
    --His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers
    --His priests were “eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven.”
    --He was both the Divine Son and the Father.
    --On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth.

Dionysus/Bacchus

Dionysus or Bacchus is thought of as being Greek, but he is a remake of the Egyptian god Osiris, whose cult extended throughout a large part of the ancient world for thousands of years. Dionysus’s religion was well-developed in Thrace, northeast of Greece, and Phrygia, which became Galatia, where Attis also later reigned. Although a Dionysus is best remembered for the rowdy celebrations in his name, which was Latinized as Bacchus, he had many other functions and contributed several aspects to the Jesus character:

--Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger.
    --He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles.
    --He “rode in a triumphal procession on an a##.”
    --He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification.
    --Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25.
    --He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine.
    --He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.”
    --He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.”
    --He was identified with the Ram or Lamb.
    --His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.
    Horus/Osiris of Egypt

In the Egyptian myth, Horus and his once-and-future Father, Osiris, are frequently interchangeable, as in “I and my Father are one.” Concerning Osiris, Walker says:

Of all savior-gods worshiped at the beginning of the Christian era, Osiris may have contributed
    more details to the evolving Christ figure than any other. Already very old in Egypt, Osiris was
    identified with nearly every other Egyptian god and was on the way to absorbing them all. He
    had well over 200 divine names. He was called the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, God of Gods.
    He was the Resurrection and the Life, the Good Shepherd, Eternity and Everlastingness, the god
    who “made men and women to be born again.” Budge says, “From first to last, Osiris was to the
    Egyptians the god-man who suffered, an died, and rose again, and reigned eternally in heaven.
    They believed that they would inherit eternal life, just as he had done . . .”
    Osiris’s coming was announced by Three Wise Men: the three stars Mintaka, Anilam, and
    Alnitak in the belt of Orion, which point directly to Osiris’s star in the east, Sirius (Sothis),
    significator of his birth . . .
    Certainly Osiris was a prototypical Messiah, as well as a devoured Host. His flesh was eaten
    in the form of communion cakes of wheat, the “plant of Truth.” . . . The cult of Osiris contributed
    a number of ideas and phrases to the Bible. The 23rd Psalm copied an Egyptian text appealing
    to Osiris the Good Shepherd to lead the deceased to the “green pastures” and “still waters” of the
    nefer-nefer land, to restore the soul to the body, and to give protection in the valley of the shadow
    of death (the Tuat). The Lord’s Prayer was prefigured by an Egyptian hymn to Osiris-Amen
    beginning, “O Amen, O Amen, who are in heaven.” Amen was also invoked at the end of every
    prayer.

As Col. James Chruchward naively exclaims, “The teachings of Osiris and Jesus are wonderfully alike. Many passages are identically the same, word for word.”

#35     Dec 8, 2008
  6. you bible thumpers are a funny bunch. you must think if you repeat the same lie often enough it will be believed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfoje7jVJpU

#36     Dec 8, 2008

7. You seem so sure. How do you know?

#37     Dec 8, 2008
  8. Wallet

Wallet

LOL,

Sorry NO delusions here, I can go into deep debates on this one, parallel religions, most who's ancestry can be traced back to a general starting point pointing to the flood and Noah. It's the oldest sin and the one that still fuels the others, Mans self-idolatry and wanting to be like god.

But no matter what facts I throw and are thrown back, there exists to me a personal relationship, that can not be dismissed. No verbal words, but I know God is real.

Enough said, as there's nothing I can do to convince you, that understanding comes from the Holy Spirit.

Good day.

#38     Dec 8, 2008
  9. since there never was a global flood the whole premis of your superstitious conclusion is a nonstarter:
    http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p82.htm

#39     Dec 8, 2008
  10. it really does not take a very deep thinker to understand that a story about a talking snake tricking a woman into eating a forbidden apple and causing men to be kicked out of the garden is nothing more than a primitive fable. you cant see it?

#40     Dec 8, 2008