Relating Evolution and Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Teleologist, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Dead debate with the only ones that have an emotional investment in it are the extreme Christians and the extreme athiests.

#11     Dec 7, 2008
  2. volente_00

volente_00

In order to say 100% without a doubt that something does or did not exist, one would have had to look everywhere.

Considering science is still discovering new concepts and organisms to this day, can you tell me EVERYWHERE has been searched or are you asking me to place FAITH in a limited concept know as science ?

#12     Dec 8, 2008
  3. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

A man stops me on the street just the other day and asks if I ever read the Bible.... "No, sorry" I tell him... "I don't read fiction".

If there is a hell, I'll see you there!

#13     Dec 8, 2008
  4. jem

jem

an atheist posted on ET that belief in the Creator is silly because there is no God.

I said prove it.

#14     Dec 8, 2008
  5. stu

stu

Perhaps you should have realised the same applies to you. Without believing in the same God all other people do, then you are also an atheist in their eyes.
    So why not apply that test to yourself and prove no God exists which millions of other people believe in, but which you don't.

Other atheists simply conceive one less God than you, that's all.

#15     Dec 8, 2008
  6. stu

stu

Intelligent Design's only accomplishment is to help people who can't be bothered to understand the science feel clever.

#16     Dec 8, 2008
  7. If humankind, are made in "gods" image, as is stated , then its should be obvious "god" is the biblical "devil", or satan, such is the torment, suffering and bullshit this faith has afflicted on humankind.

#17     Dec 8, 2008
  8. Yes, there is scientific proof that the creation story in Genesis 1-3 is myth, not reality.

The creation story states that all life on earth was created within a week. Fossil evidence shows otherwise, overwhelmingly.

Human beings did not evolve until around 6 million years ago, hundreds of millions of years after life already appeared on this planet. The fossils in the Burgess shale in British Columbia go back to 530 million years or so.

Simply put, if there was no Adam and Eve, then Christianity cannot possibly be true. No original sin of Adam, no reason for Jesus to die.

#18     Dec 8, 2008
  9. the devil planted that fossil evidence to trick you into denying god.j/k
    "if conclusions contradict the word of God, the conclusions are wrong no matter how many scientific facts may appear to back them."biology textbook printed by conservative Christian publisher Bob Jones University Press

#19     Dec 8, 2008
  10. The only thing that can be known is that none of you know.

Dead debate just like the market right now.

#20     Dec 8, 2008