Related stocks in a sector

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DayTraderNYC, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Does anyone know the best website to find out related stocks of a stock? Its easy to do in Bloomberg but if I dont have one, where is the best site? It would be nice if the site allows for selecting NYSE, AMEX and NAZ....type in a stock ticker, give me the list of related stocks.

2. trdrmac

trdrmac

IBD has a charting feature that will give you the top five stocks in a sector. It is free to subscribers, not sure if you can get the same for free. Think it is investors.com.

Also Yahoo and SI in the Profile section of a stock quote will list companies, although it is often a very broad search.

Regards

3. metal1

metal1

if you know anyone with a Schwab account their research page has what you are looking for.

4. If you take the Echotrade workshop, part of all the "stuff" that you come away with is a 12 page list of S&P 500 companies listed in Sectors/Industry Group Name/ Sub Ind name. Great to have at hand later on.

Oops, sorry Jonathan, hope I'm not giving away any secrets!!!

5. lescor

lescor

Actually that S&P stuff is available as an excel spreadsheet right from the Standard & Poors website.

For stock correlations try http://www.market-topology.com/home.html It used to be free, but now they charge. You can do a free two week demo and get all your lists from that. You can also calculate correlations in excel.

Corey

6. MrDinky

MrDinky

From bullsector.com...

The Erectile Dysfunction Stock List
    ABT ICOS LLY MCHM PFE SGP ZONA

... in case you always wondered, now you know.

:cool:

7. peter77

peter77

Seth, I did not see a price for their service, do you know what they charge for US markets?

#10     Aug 10, 2002