Related and inversely related markets

Discussion in 'Forex' started by lasner, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lasner

lasner

I've been trading for a while. Does anyone have a list that show how forex markets are related both directly and inversely.

One of the most frustrating things in trading is when you go into multiple trades but the markets you are trading are either inversely or directly related.

2. TRS

TRS

3. lasner

lasner

Cool thanks I appreciate it. It looks like it's very tough to trade multiple markets in forex.

Is there anything like this for futures markets.

Thanks,

4. lasner

lasner

I just have couple of questions on how to use this. There is a hourly, daily and weekly correlation. Does that relate to hourly, daily and weekly charts or just actualy hourly, daily and weekly pricing.

Also what do you recommend on correlation measurements. I was kind of thinking anything 40 and below or -40 and above would be OK to trade.

Thanks for the info

5. lasner

lasner

One more thing. Say if you have 15 forex pairs you're looking at. It looks like this just will work two at a time.

How do you weed out all of the15 pairs that are related. It seems like it's very hard to trade multiple pairs because most are closely related.

6. TRS

TRS

I don't understand your question. Price makes the charts. It's New Years Day where I am as I type this, so forgive me if I misunderstood your question.

7. TRS

TRS

I don't bother with every major currency/cross.
    I trade one major. If you get to know it intimately it will provide you with all you need.