Reiterate : buy the dip

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Worst weekly selloff in five years.,..S&P lost 90 points

#11     Jul 30, 2007
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Generally speaking in the past when you have seen the type of action we have seen the last several months, with huge spikes down that do recover in the midst of good news, its the markets way of saying, hmmmmm.. Keep in mind that all could be well right now, though there are certainly some agruements against that, but bull markets top when all the news is "good".

Brandon

#12     Jul 30, 2007
  3. just21

just21

listen to this

Goldman of Asteri Capital Says U.S. Is in a Credit `Crunch'
    Jul. 27 (Bloomberg) -- David Goldman, senior portfolio strategist at Asteri Capital, talks with Bloomberg's Tom Keene from New York about the U.S. stock and debt markets, the impact of risk aversion on currency markets and the outlook for the subprime market. (Source: Bloomberg)

http://www.bloomberg.com/tvradio/podcast/ontheeconomy.html

#13     Jul 30, 2007
  4. Stock for the 10th time, why should we listen to you? What are you're credentials/ experience? Buying momentum stocks in a bull mkt is not hard. Have you booked a single gain in the last week, month, year, ever???? Why can't the market correct the excesses it has built up? Why would you buy financials right now? Do you think visa coming public just might make MA a bit overvalued? I ask all these questions knowing you will not answer a single one of them with any semblence of knowledge, but I will continue trying. You are doing yourself no good by continually posting the samething over and over again. 1 more question, do you think the fed should cut? please explain in detail, and what the ramifications of doing so would be.

#14     Jul 30, 2007
  5. No concrete evidence of a credit crunch. No specifics. Just talking heads and pundits speculating. Let them speculate. Dip buyers will make $$$

#15     Jul 30, 2007
  6. I'll try to answer yourquestions in the order listed

1. Listen to me cause I told people to buy After Feb 27 and in Summer 06' selloff

2. 4 years stock trading and investing

3. The market HAS corrected and the gains seen this year aren't excessive. The historical market yearly return is 6-7% and we're below that now. Hardly an excess.

4. Financials like GS are oversold and revenue and profit for core business keeps surging.

5. Visa isn't going public anytime soon and it wont have much affect on MA. In fact, I'll buy Visa so I hope it does IPO.

6. The fed won't cut rates because the economy is still strong after the GDP-Adv. report last week, but the fed certainly wont raise rates either.

In addition you're annoying frank grimes.

#16     Jul 30, 2007
  7. I'm annoying? Who doesn't buy corrections in an upward trending mkt? This is a trading site. You don't trade, you buy and as far as I can tell, don't sell. You don't hedge, you don't trade options, but you have an agenda. If someone disagrees with you're agenda, they are idiots, putz's (you stole the term I labeled you with last summer), or just ignorant. 4 years of investing and you've mastered the game? Oy. I don't think this is the time to buy with an investors outlook. I think this is a traders market, and you will be slaughtered if you try and trade. I would not buy any of the stocks you like right now. In fact i'm short 3 of them. Good luck and get bent.

#17     Jul 30, 2007
  8. RL8093

RL8093

Quote from stock_trad3r:

The markets are vastly oversold based on what? Nothing. No big news at all. The selling in the past two weeks has been pure speculation on some lending stuff. No big deal at all. I can't find a singlke headline that indicates that something is wrong or something bad happened.

You're unable to find a headline w/ info on what's wrong & I can't go anywhere w/o seeing stories on what's wrong - are your eye / ears open or do you review the news w/ the same approach with which you take suggestions from folks here on ET???

Inherent in your post is also an assumption that the mkts are incapable of a significant move w/o news as a catalyst. In addition to being a disciple of Cramerism, it appears that you've overdone it w/ the CNBC Kool-Aid.....

Independent thought - try it, you might like it....

R

#18     Jul 30, 2007
  9. Which three are those o wise one? Did you short MA this morning lol?

#19     Jul 30, 2007
  10. A sharp correction erasing trillions of dollars in capital worldwide is an event in itself. It needs no news; it is the news.

#20     Jul 30, 2007