Reid To Receive Warning Letter From Paul, Cruz & Lee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 26, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid should expect a letter from Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Mike Lee (R-Utah) on Tuesday. In it, the three Republican senators warn Reid that they will oppose a motion to proceed with any gun control legislation.

“We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions,” the signed letter reads, according to a copy obtained by Politico.

While the GOP lawmakers don’t specifically mention the word “filibuster,” there aren’t really an array of options when opposing a “motion to proceed.” In other words, the filibuster threat is pretty clear.

Politico’s Jonathan Allen has more:

Reid plans to bring up a gun-control measure that focuses on broadening background checks and cracking down on interstate gun-trafficking after the current Senate recess.

Conservatives are concerned that once that bill reaches the floor, amendments could stiffen restrictions on gun control.

Moreover, they understand that Reid intends to allow liberal amendments that would limit clip capacity and ban certain assault weapons to be offered — even though they would be defeated — to give Democrats a chance to vote on them. For moderate Democrats in competitive states, that amounts to an opportunity to vote no and show allegiance to gun rights.

Would you support a Paul, Cruz, Lee filibuster against gun control legislation?

(Absolutely!)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...uz-and-mike-lee-and-hes-not-going-to-like-it/

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Cracking down on Interstate gun trafficking huh? That's amazing since THESE NAZIS ARMED Mexican, murderous drug cartels with weapons that have resulted in one reported death of a border patrol agent, and numerous other shootings.:mad: Sounds like we should be more concerned with THEM committing interstate gun trafficking crimes!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we the people have had enough of this shit, and demand a background check on them, the gubment! If we did that, ONazi and teflon holder could share a prison cell together!

3. wjk

wjk

Takes that old saying about libs; "do as I say, not as I do" to a whole new level, doesn't it?

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, and the ONLY reason they did it was to be able to point to how gun violence is out of control so they could then get their gun control. That's just sick! I'm sorry for the loss of the border patrol agent, but have to laugh that their evil scheme blew up in their faces. Problem is, they're teflon, and NOTHING will be done about it. If Bush had done that, his drawers would be hanging from the flag pole!:mad:

Guess when that failed, they had to sit and wait for a tragedy to occur. i.e., sandy hook. These are some of the most evil people I've ever seen hold office in America.

5. Exactly right.

The Washngton Post was running a series over several months about gun running into mexico, etc. They had obviously coordinated with the administration and the culmination of it all was to be a big bust with scores of AK's stacked in front of some scary looking drug guys. Then on to a big push for draconian gun laws, perhaps banning assault rifles or registration and permits for rifles.

On our side we have dopes like McCain, who is desperate to please the media. He is already trying out the idea of giving in on some background checks, ie just what Bloomberg is pushing.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'll save IQ47 the trouble, "Good job Mr President!"

7. Mercor

Mercor

To boot.....It only happened when white people got shot. Gabby, Aurora Co, Sandy hook.
    Then they only want to ban the weapons that mass kill mostly white people.
    75% of blacks are killed by handguns...no effort there. When will the Black population wake up.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

If they haven't woke up by now, they're not going to.

[​IMG]