Reid psych/profile test

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bronks, May 21, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bruised ego maybe? That's human nature.
    Kinda like getting turned down by a woman that's not even that pretty.

I say fuck'em, and go have a beer with the boys at the local watering hole.

As for the test I've never taken it so I can't help you there.

#11     May 22, 2009
  2. Took it couple of times .
    Reid test is basically trying to find personality traits which might lead to delinquent behaviour in the future .
    See if they have an appeal policy if you want to dig deeper into it.

#12     May 22, 2009
  3. bronks

bronks

I'll have to agree the bruised ego part.

Well it's a little early here but screw it, Jager Bombs here I come. I should be toasted by noon!

You fellas have a good weekend.

#13     May 22, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

I took a couple similar tests for employment at major brokerage firms many years ago. They were supposed to judge your suitability to be a stock broker.

I expected they were looking for integrity and responsibility so that is the mind set I took into the test. The first test I answered honestly and with that mind set and failed miserably. They said I wasn't suitable for the position.

After talking to some friends in the business I decided what they were really looking for was a sales aptitude. So, for the test at the second firm I psyched myself up to be in a super sales and aggressive mind set. I tried to stay consistent and aggressive in answering the many variations of questions about how I would act in competitive situations. I passed this second test with flying colors. In fact, the firm was falling all over themselves to hire me.

The warning that the test could tell if I was lying or being deceitful didn't apply.

#14     May 22, 2009
  5. ROTFLMAO! You are being ironic, right?

Otherwise it looks like the test might have some value after all. (I'm not judging, I'd probably fail the test too.)

#15     May 22, 2009
  6. These tests can all be gamed.

The secret is to hold an image of the good employee in your head and answer on their behalf. Always remember to let them have a couple of minor weaknesses so that your gaming is not detected.

As a member of a rock group was overheard to say "once you can fake sincerity, you've got it made."

PS. Do remember that doing what Bill did with Monica with your little sister is not considered a "minor" weakness except in Tasmania.

#16     May 22, 2009
  7. It is an integrity test. I worked with many companies who use them.

"Overt integrity tests were specifically designed to predict the predisposition of job applicants to engage in on-the-job theft and other counterproductive job behavior. They measure attitudes related to one or more of the following psychological constructs: tolerance of others who steal, projection about the extent of theft by others, acceptance of rationalizations for theft, interthief loyalty, antisocial beliefs and behaviors, and admissions of theft-related activities. Commonly used tests of this type include the London House PSI, the Employee Attitude Inventory EAI, the Reid Report, the Stanton Survey, and the Trustworthiness Attitude Survey.

These tests typically consists of two sections. The first is a measure of theft attitudes, and includes questions about beliefs concerning the frequency and extent of theft, punitiveness toward theft, ruminations about theft, and assessments of one's own honesty. The second involves requests for admissions regarding theft and other wrongdoing. Applicants are asked to describe the frequency and amount of theft and other illegal or counterproductive activity. The test items that make up this type of instrument are clearly assessing job-related content. (e.g., "Will everyone steal at work if the conditions are right?"; "Do you believe you are too honest to steal at work?"; "Do you think it is humanly possible for the average person to be completely honest on the job?"; etc.). "

#17     May 22, 2009