Reid- I can't believe what I am reading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Mav88

Mav88

The fight in the coming months will be a stalemate, there will be a whole lot more polarization. The question is will the government shut down over this.

#11     Feb 3, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

It seems either Obama is a grand fool or he believes we are all fools. I guess it could be both.

#12     Feb 3, 2013
  3. No, they'r e not fools.

They see a chance to really destroy the republicans. They view the class warfare demagoguery as a sure winner. The republicans have already blinked once, caving in to higher tax rates. Now Obama and Reid see no reason not to run the same play again.

They have a trump card. The republicans will do just aobut anything to prevent the defense sequesters. Some are dumb enought o believe that our security actually depends on spending more money than the rest of the planet combined on defense, and that there is no real waste in the defense budget. others see defense firms as one fo the last reliable republican financial supporters.

It's totally win-win for Obama and Reid. Either they get higher taxes, which means even more spending, or they can blame republicans for deficits. They will claim that republicans were more concerned about preserving tax breaks for corporate jets or some other lie than balancing the budget.

#13     Feb 4, 2013