Regulations shut down higher leverage 1:500 on Australia.

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by hanneswas, Jan 30, 2021.

1. hanneswas

hanneswas

2. El Trado

El Trado

Most of the brokers that cater to gamblers should still provide higher leverage, but not to Australians. So if you are an Australian, you need one with a lax relationship with rules and regulations.

It is the same in Europe. No serious broker will provide me with more than 1:30 leverage, as it is not allowed. But that should really not be a problem if you are hoping to stay in the game for more than a short while.

3. Daal

Daal

Outrageous, you cant even blow up your forex account in peace anymore!

thursday, fredk, Snuskpelle and 4 others like this.
  4. Hilarious :D

5. traider

traider

I hear crypto still has 500x leverage.

6. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Good riddance.

7. hanneswas

hanneswas

You know, I like the discussion that high leverage is dangerous and so on. But I think it's similar to many things: the church was strictly against the first railroad trains as the speed of is definitely to high to be god-conform. And it was damaging to the eyes looking out of the window....

Today driving with 120mph is kind of ok occasionally.

So you can do it with a 1:500 leverage.
    Maybe not always but it can definitely help you to get to the first level (400k) where you can switch to 1:30 or so.

So guys, stop laughing about F1 drivers of trading (hehe I should patent this name... :))
    Yes, some die but it is a virtue most traders never will get.

So again: which broker is known to work well with a 100k+ account and to offer 1:500+?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Axon likes this.
  8. El Trado

El Trado

Ok. Fine. It is your money.

If you are Australian, no broker that you want to do business will give you higher leverage. Brokerages that willingly break the law, will not pay out your money if you end up making some.

When that is said, if the Australian rules are like the European, you can registrate as a professional investor and waive the protection. So all brokers should give you higher, if you go that route.

With the dosclaimer that I do not know the Australian rules and their specifics

9. hanneswas

hanneswas

Thank you.
    But it is still possible to use a broker then outside of Australia, isn't? Or is there a legal limitation I overlook?

10. wmwmw

wmwmw