Regulations restrict US clients from using Trading platforms?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ironplates, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I asked global futures about trying another FX trading platform because MT4 was not working for me. I was informed that US clients are restricted to MT4 and cannot use other trading platforms....seriously? Is this a joke on me?

2. WHAT ?

3. come on?!! like for real there are restrictions for platforms in the US? like seriously? i thought they restricted citizens from trading offshore due to taxes and stuff, but to even restrict the use of other platforem, thats a big outrageous. .i hope its not true

4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

That sounds rather strange. Regulations do not restrict you to using one particular platform. Forex brokers use many different platforms, one of which is MT4. In fact FXCM offers 5 different platforms.

5. check out MB Trading. I had an account with them and no complaints (except the leverage which is out of their control). I think they have a couple of different platforms to choose from.

What's wrong with MT4? I've been using it for a few years now and have just gotten used to it. I have a futures account that I will use with Ninja starting soon, while still using MT4 for the other accounts.

The two main advantages to MT4 as I see it, are:
    1) EAs - you can find just about anything
    2) you can get an EA with myfxbook and showcase your performance
    3) It's very lightweight. Ninja is a little bloated.

6. Global Futures parent ILQ LLC replied back to my inquiry and confirmed with me that was not true.

Now the credibility of the account manager i am working with is shot.