Regulated Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by proptrader12345, Dec 18, 2008.

1. The other guy is right, the higher rates are available. Perhaps you need to work on negotiations/convincing the firm of your utility. I know little pikers who secured those deals 80%/.0002 with one of the above mentioned companies, and 75%/.002 with two of the other above mentioned companies... so....

#11     Dec 20, 2008
  2. Pitchou

Pitchou

......... but they ask for a cash deposit.... I'M sure about Fna minimum is 2000$ and Golden is 5000$..... I don't know any Canadien firm who is not asking for a deposit.... if someone know some.... I'm curious to know wich one?

#12     Dec 20, 2008
  3. i meant 75%/.0002 with the other company... not .002... .0002... $.20 per 1000 with 75% and $.20 per 1000 with 80% with 2 of the above mentioned companies...

#13     Dec 21, 2008
  4. bespoke

bespoke

Err, I don't know why I posted those numbers. I think I was posting starting payout scales.

I know its negotiable. I've traded/trade at two those places and got 65% and 75%. Yes there are traders at title that get 75% but the firm makes hardly any money on them (at least the one where I was at, head office got 25%). They are basically there so others can learn from them.

Is lion still open??

This new news about title and the sec will be interesting (which is what made me stumble upon this thread again)

#14     Apr 30, 2009
  5. Golden, Title and Global Market are good Canadian firms.
    Lion is a no no (NO).

#15     Apr 30, 2009
  6. karth

karth

Does anyone have website links for these firms ?

#16     Apr 30, 2009
  7. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Don't know about you guys but I woud never go to a firm that keeps a big % of my profits like those you mentioned. Echotrade or Bright are the only places I consider, both regulated and both pay out all profits.

#17     May 1, 2009
  8. EricP

EricP

But, they don't really pay out "all profits" do they? They just keep a share of profits in a different way, in higher commissions.

Different firms will be better for different traders, no doubt. Traders that make consistently large average per share profits will benefit from "100% payouts" and larger commission rates, while traders that are high volume traders with smaller profit margins will often be better with firms with virtually no commissions charged and a profit split arrangement. Newbie traders that are net negative or breakeven will also benefit from minimal commissions and a profit split.

Ideally, a trader will work towards a broker that offers 100% payout and extremely low commissions, although deals like that are only available to very high volume, and consistently profitable traders.

#18     May 1, 2009
  9. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Actually you are incorrect. When it comes to retail/unregulated prop firms vs. regulated prop firms there is a ton of regulation regarding giving leverage to traders. There has been a ton on the subject so I won't rehash it all, but bottom line is the SEC does not want retail traders getting greater than PDT or Reg-T leverage at an unregulated prop firm, and when they find firms such as the defunct Tuco giving prop leverage to retail guys they bust in the door and a lot of people lose a lot of money.

Everyone said the Tuco owners were the nicest guys and not trying to hose anyone, they had plenty of integrity but chose to ignore the industry regulations by giving leverage as an unregulated prop firm. If you want leverage it pays just to get a series 7, head to a regulated firm, and not worry about government raids.

#19     May 1, 2009
  10. Consider that there are a lot of different trading styles out there.
    I can state the exact opposite of what you said and it would also be correct. It is extremely trader-dependant.

#20     May 1, 2009