Regreassion to the Meme

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe Doaks, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Allowing for some care in how you sample the series for accuracy, yes. Just turns VWAP on its ear.

#51     Oct 5, 2012
  2. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

So, to be more precise, it's just VWAP x A, where

A = (sum of volume for the day) / (sum of prices for the day)

Am I right so far?

#52     Oct 5, 2012
  3. Never seed that before. Thanks. I was home schooled on Bible studies.

#53     Oct 5, 2012
  4. Damn! Now I have to go simplifry my code!

#54     Oct 5, 2012
  5. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Why does a mathematical identity elicit such sarcasm?

#55     Oct 5, 2012
  6. ammo

ammo

for us dummies the formula for the means by a no means chart is follow the market from nip to cleave to ledge to cleave to nip,these are single days side by side with a cumulative 10 day on the right,we dropped to the 53 cleave on that chart and stalled ,if the drop continues , 50 would be the next target,if she can hold the stall, then return to the 55 nip above,if today was a top , then the widest spot on the cumalative ,38 would be the nearest target for buyers to step in ,the scales and sizes obviously change with larger timeframes

#56     Oct 5, 2012
  7. Because now I have to go chart "A." Thanks. That may have been what I was looking for.

#57     Oct 5, 2012
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

meme sighting
    Meme

#58     Oct 5, 2012
  9. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Wait... you are saying you never considered the relationship between your PWAV and VWAP until I pointed it out (on way to my next point)?

#59     Oct 5, 2012
  10. I hacked it out quickly from my VWAP codelet, so I knew. What I did not consider is that your "A" is what I was looking for, a direct measure of Volume Inefficiency. What ET craves above all else is novel bullshit.

#60     Oct 5, 2012