Regreassion to the Meme

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe Doaks, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Remarkably perceptive. Also looks like a test you could market and name "Do you have a bright future as a retail trader?"

#31     Oct 5, 2012
  2. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

#32     Oct 5, 2012
  3. Well, let me give you a poor example. There are people here who look at price and volume, note the occasional correlation or anti-correlation, and conclude that volume drives price, contrary to the centuries old belief that price drives volume. In my trading I peer inside the tape to see that neither theory is true.

#33     Oct 5, 2012
  4. #35     Oct 5, 2012
  5. Relax. That's not a problem at all -- so is your broker :p

#36     Oct 5, 2012
  6. Thanks to public exposure here on ET, I have already sold several lawn chair spaces for my next evening parking lot seminar. At that lecture I will be introducing the concepts of Volume Efficiency and Price Efficiency. Volume Efficiency measures how effectively volume is influencing price, and VWAP is a coarse indicator of it. Price Efficiency measures how effectively price is influencing volume, and PWAV is its coarse indicator. I leave it as an exercise for the lawn chair student to use both efficiencies to predict whether the course of the day will be trending or ranging. An example of today's PWAV for NQ is attached. The details are instructive as to predict how price must evolve to more effectively influence volume.

#37     Oct 5, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Now it's official - crank alert!

#38     Oct 5, 2012
  8. In a regression to the rubric, and in closing, I wish to offer you an example of the phenomenon of Meeming. In the attached chart, one can observe NQ becoming first undermeemed and returning to its meem, and then becoming overmeemed and likewise returning. Excursions might be called unmeemly, and the returns meemly. I do hope that everyone got my meeming.

#39     Oct 5, 2012
  9. I am dumbstruck at your luddite criticism. Have you never wondered if VWAP had a volume twin? I will venture to guess that because of your lack of curiosity you have never invented anything.

#40     Oct 5, 2012