Regreassion to the Meme

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe Doaks, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

interesting. if we re-grease to the pork belly meme, we indeed may have bacon.

#11     Oct 5, 2012
  2. Price-Weighted Average Volume (PWAV) is the coming thing. Volume regresses to it in early afternoon.

#12     Oct 5, 2012
  3. it's like a baby that wants to go back to mammy

#13     Oct 5, 2012
  4. Attached is a view of yesterday morning's NQ price and volume demonstrating the significance of volume regression to the PWAV.

#14     Oct 5, 2012
  5. For those of you having difficulty wrapping your big head around PWAV, it is the average volume of every price traded. Misconceptually, PWAV is to volume what VWAP is to price.

#15     Oct 5, 2012
  6. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

Misconceptually, I'm having trouble wrapping bacon around my big head. It seems I need to string together about 4 bacon strips to reach around. But once I get there, I will stick my head in the oven and re-grease to a crispy meme.

#16     Oct 5, 2012
  7. Attached is a chart clearly showing how to trade volume digression from the meme.

#17     Oct 5, 2012
  8. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

I think people don't take this seriously because you are using the silly word "meme". The conventional and widely accepted term in statistics is "regression to the mean" (or, in the sense you are using, more like mean reversion). There's little reason for you to call it meme rather than mean.

I'm not passing judgment on your specific analysis - since you don't really offer enough details as to what those lines are - but making up new terms for accepted jargon is usually a sign of being a crank.

#18     Oct 5, 2012
  9. Samsara

Samsara

This guy's a live one, Doaks!

#19     Oct 5, 2012
  10. Certainly YOU are not taking me seriously. Where did I ever say that the target of the first reversion I showed was a mean? It is in fact a meme. As to being a crank, I prefer to think of myself as merely cranky.

#20     Oct 5, 2012