Registering a Company in London Online

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dima777, Jun 24, 2012.

1. dima777

dima777

thank you for your helpful comments) I feel a little bit uneasy abotu having to comply with the FSA regulations - not that I offer something which might lighten up their radar - I am just not interested in spending so much time to be a fully accountable to them...in light of this I wonder if you can recommend any otehr country where I woudl not need to be accountable to a similar regulatory body?

I see it is possible to register a business in Ireland

irishformations. ie/

but not sure about the regulations there

What do you think?)

#11     Jun 26, 2012
  2. dima777

dima777

maybe you can recommend a simpler way to offer financial constancy service worldwide? I am getting more and more confused with all this regulatory framework....

#12     Jun 28, 2012
  3. Dima777,

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. If your not registered with the FSA, you can't solicit for business. And no financial advisor is going to recommend you to their clients. It doesn't matter where you go, each country will have a regulatory body that overseas financial services.

The FSA license, at least when I looked into it, was actually easier than many other countries. In Australia, it's a two year course part time.

If you're not prepared to do the minimum required to legally operate, I don't think you will have much chance of success.

About the only thing you'll ever able to do is manage portfolios for family and friends through an I family and friends account.

#13     Jun 28, 2012
  4. dima777

dima777

Thank you for your detailed reply....I forgot to mention that have a forex website at a USA registrar which has been online for quite some time which provides free forex education and which has been steadily attracting visitors – I have some visitors now that I wish to present my service to…Let me describe the service as well – it will be purely informational service – I will tell where are the major levels are – for example where are the major historical price levels are from which the price will invariably reverse when it approaches it……..I will add short trade recommendations close to each level…but that will remain as the information I mean I will not personally call anyone to trade – nor will I advise anyone in person or in private….just pure information…I will also provide more detailed entry and exit signals but that will be standard signals issued by all signal providers of whom there are millions over the internet….

Do you think I will still need to be regulated by FSA or a similar regulatory body elsewhere????

#14     Jun 29, 2012
  5. dima777

dima777

actually I am planning to offer this service to the clients all other the world - does that mean I need to be accountable to every single financial regulatory body there is in each country on the planet?

#15     Jun 30, 2012
  6. dima, the big divide is between educational services and advisory services. Those that find a way to squeeze into education fly very much under the radar while trade advice is now a pretty heavily regulated business almost everywhere.

In the 70's I, with a partner, owned small investment banking concerns in New York, London and Lugano, Switzerland. It was a simpler world then. If you can avoid having clients in first world countries -- the US, UK, Western Europe -- and can concentrate on pulling clients from South America, Asia etc. the chances are you will be left alone. You can pick a tax shelter type domicile for incorporation -- Monaco (expensive) Isle of Mann (somewhat less expensive), British Virgins (BVI) (even less expensive) -- and probably make it work.

One of the keys is to NEVER open an account for ANYONE and Never hold even a penny of customer funds. My partner and I incorporated a bank in Anguilla and swore a blood oath to never accept a deposit -- we never did. Once the regulators, particularly outside the US and the UK, realize you hold zero customer funds they put your file on the bottom of their big pile and never get to it again.

Incorporate in a place that specializes in bull shit paper companies and want the annual fees, pick a non-financial name (Evans & Morgan Ltd. as opposed to First Financial Services Ltd.), have ZERO advisory clients in countries with deep capital markets and keep a reasonable set of books for the company and personally.

If you do have problems they will probably be small and manageable. I am not an attorney and give no legal advice. This is practical business advice. If I can help ... PM me.

#16     Jun 30, 2012
  7. dima777

dima777

Thank you very much for this full reply...I will look more into setting up the company in the British Virgins - thanks a lot for the directions) I will never take the clients' money - I will only provide the technical analysis of the major currency pairs.....I might withdraw the trade instructions altogether and present this service as the education? but in fact I wish to present the service fully - to provide detailed entry and exit recommendations........and I do need the clients from USA and EU and most developed countries.....My site currently is visited mostly by USA citizens.....thanks for the suggestion abotu registering a nonfinancial name - my concurrent registered a company in uk with the "media" word in its name) very confusing for the regulators...accidentally they have not yet replied about being regulated by FSA.......do you think they can be presenting financial advice without being regulated?
    thanks!)

#17     Jun 30, 2012
  8. dima777

dima777

I wanted to add that I am going to provide a purely analytical service - high end analysis for the retail investors - what you might get via Blomberg but at a fraction of the cost...no fraud intended - just for the pure benefit of the clients.......it just feels like I need to be regulated like a whole broker....maybe I can get under the radar of the FSA or any other regulatory body if I PRESENT MY SERVICE AS THE EDUCATIONAL SERVICE?

#18     Jul 1, 2012
  9. If you're not controlling client funds then it's easy.

Just have a disclaimer that states 'the information provided is for educational purposes only and to consult an authorised financial advisor before making any investment decisions.'

I really don't think it matters where you incorporate. So you may as well do so where the tax regulations are most favourable.

#19     Jul 1, 2012
  10. The disclaimer is not enough if you make specific calls that are clearly actionable. Not saying he won't get by but it is not in strict compliance.

#20     Jul 1, 2012