Regarding the Existence or Absence of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rs7, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you are simply shocking. if you weren't raised religious and you actually could think for yourself with an open mind, you'd see how utterly OUTRAGEOUS you sound. you sound like david koresh or some guy running a cult. imo, religions basically are cults. i know you're blind and unable to see this though. i can only equate it to asking you what you think of the greek gods a while back? what a bunch of bs, huh? what happened to zeus?

as a human being and for the record, i am not calling you or darkhorse stupid. we just disagree on this one point. we are each free to think how we want on this issue...and that's fine. but if people are going to open boast about their religion, they just better expect to hear the other side too, that's all.

#31     Aug 29, 2002
  2. That's a very good point. I do believe religions are cults.

What is your motivation? When you die, what do you want to have done in your life? And what do you think will happen when you die?

#32     Aug 29, 2002
  3. One should serve God with every breath because he commands us to--Seek ye first the Kingdom of heaven. I'm not looking for a "battle against the infidels". I'm simply making people think about the real meaning of life. The answers are all there in the bible--maybe just not the answers PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR. This is all I will post on this topic unless you all want to hear more.

JESUS--KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

#33     Aug 29, 2002
  4. DARKHORSE,

That was classic. End of discussion. Darkhorse nail it down.

#34     Aug 29, 2002
  5. all i'm going to say is, i don't need to preach the bible to have motivation for living. i'm not even gonna go down this road.

i will go down the after death road. this may be a shock to you, but brace yourself. THERE IS NO HEAVEN OR HELL. yes, i'm sorry to say, but it really is the truth. nice idea though, good people go to heaven and see their dead friends and family after they die, bad people go to hell and basically get tortured. what does that guy who runs that place look like anyway? i believe the bible does give one description of satan and he's supposed to be a dragon with 7 heads....maybe it's 11 head..i don't remember! some number over 10 i think! lol how can anyone believe any of this bs! i can not help but think of the greek gods!

ANYWAY, i can tell you what happens after death. strangely enough, you already know the answer, we all do. IT IS THE SAME AS BEFORE BIRTH. we all already know what it's like to be not alive -- YOU JUST DON'T EXIST. when you die, it's the same thing as before birth. so live your life now. see, i don't need the bible to tell me my life is precious, i already know it is cuz when i'm dead -- IT'S OVER.

keep in mind, my explanation of after death IS THE ONLY.......THE ONLY.......THE ONLY.......explanation with some evidence to support it. WE ALL ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO NOT BE ALIVE! tell me how it was for you? nothing right? well there you go, there's death. there is no other theory with an ounce of proof more than this...yet for someone reason you all like the heaven/hell idea so much.....even tho it has ZERO proof. but hey, if i was brainwashed as a kid, i'd probably prefer seeing my dead friends and family when i die, rather than nothing happening..although that is what facts suggest.

just to show i truly do have an open mind, i do believe what i said to be true, but i am always aware that i do not know for sure.......BUT NEITHER DO YOU.

#35     Aug 29, 2002
  6. wow

even if i was religous, i'd be like.....hey, chill, you're making us look bad.

#36     Aug 29, 2002
  7. Gecko, after reading your post, I must say we have a lot of work to do on you. Your handle speaks very clearly of your personality. GREED! A huge sin that keeps us from God. You're turning a away from the truth and you have no real rebuttals for our questions and statements. Your analysis of Heaven and hell is scary. It is no joke.

#37     Aug 29, 2002

8. lol

come on, man. do you really think it's that simple?

i guess you do.

do you not realize i could expand on no less than TEN false assumptions and dead end trails in that ONE paragraph you just wrote? do you not realize that i could take you farther than you've ever gone without even trying and make your head spin with ease? do you not realize that what you think you know is less than one percent of all there is to know?

i guess you don't.

thunderbolt/lobster, remember 1 Cor 1:14 amigos

rs7, you are a doodyhead

peace out

#38     Aug 29, 2002
  9. -you have a lot of work to do on me because i have not been robbed of a free mind. my father is a science teacher and let me grow up taking MY OWN path. obviously, unlike your parents.

-as far as the greed comment, i'm just not even going there.

-heaven and hell are fake, and you're simply silly.

#39     Aug 29, 2002
  10. Gekko, there's no GOD? Explain the cosmos. Big bang theory, right? Yeah, let's us take a timex watch, break down into little pieces, put in a tornado and BAM! You gotta a timex. How ridiculous. Use the brain God gave you.

#40     Aug 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.