Regarding the Existence or Absence of God II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 19, 2002.

1. #22     Oct 20, 2002
  2. did you even read TF2000's post before you jumped at the latest opportunity to play Colombo Max?

than like a swedish..

LIKE.

and who has done this?

oh, i dunno, maybe the entire christian establishment for the past 19 or so centuries???

#23     Oct 20, 2002
  3. dan,

i can fully understand your doubting of jesus christ's divinity, but to say he never existed is proposterous.

best,

surf:)

#24     Oct 20, 2002
  4. This must be the darker haired "southern" Swede JC:

[​IMG]

#25     Oct 20, 2002
  5. no surf, given the evidence of history - real history - and the entire lack of evidence of jesus's existance as a man, it is eminently reasonable to conclude he never existed. i doubt you'd be aware of this as i'm certain you've never even bothered to investigate the historicity of the alleged jesus at all. (and yet have the audacity to say my claim is "proposterous"[sic])

#26     Oct 20, 2002
  6. Carl Sagan, “The persistence of bamboozle”

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge even to ourselves that we’ve been so credulous. So the old bamboozles tend to persist as the new bamboozles rise.”

#27     Oct 21, 2002
  7. Here is the straight dope on Jesus from a non-religious source:

http://www.sonic.net/sentinel/naij3.html

Jesus was a real human being, there is no doubt about it.

The doubt is in relation to his divinity and all you can do is disagree with that, which is of course pointless.

#28     Oct 21, 2002

8. i beg to differ. there are COPIOUS amounts of doubt as to the existance of the man.

and furthermore, even if the man did exist, doubting his divinity is by no means "pointless", it is the right and honorable thing to do.

of course, the twisted god of christianity doesn't see it that way. but, what the hell, he's as fake as they come too.

EDIT. just read that baloney you site as "evidence". buddy, i have a feeling you're very new to all this, so i highly doubt you'll be able to show me something that i haven't seen refuted a thousand times. i cannot say with absolute certainty that such a man never existed, but the weight of evidence against it is absolutely overwhelming, which is why i say the only rational conclusion is to assume he never did.

#29     Oct 21, 2002
  9. here are the bamboozles

--jesus never existed.
    --humans are no better than animals
    --humans are not naturally spiritual
    --science can answer every question
    --all of our current scientific knowlege is true
    --catholic priests are likely to be child molestors
    --atheists treat people better than the religious
    -- the world would be a better place if everyone was atheist

If you believe any of these things then you have been bamboozled by somebody with a grudge against religion. If you feel compelled to convert people to atheism you should really ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish and why.

#30     Oct 21, 2002