Regarding the Existence or Absence of God II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Jesus is the <a href="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06410a.htm">descendent</a> of King David, and, ultimately, of Abraham. He is, therefore, Jewish.

There are black Jews and white Jews, so I guess I didn't answer your question. However, since King David is described as being 'ruddy,' I trust that Jesus looked pretty much like most natives of Israel.

<font size=1>why doesn't this thread show up on the most-recent-post list?</font>

#11     Oct 19, 2002
  2. rs7

rs7

3. nitro

nitro

#13     Oct 19, 2002
  4. Looks like cro-magnon man. I was expecting a blonde surfer dude from the Age of Aquarius.

#14     Oct 19, 2002
  5. discovery channel. what a crock of shit.

if they actually cared to examine the historical evidence (and the lack thereof), it is impossible to come to any other rational conclusion other than that jesus never existed.

"Jesus did have a number of disagreements with the extremists of Judaism at the time. The path he charts is one of a new and more open understanding of the laws of Jewish life," said Eric Meyers, professor of Judaic studies at Duke University, another consulting scholar.

how? how the fuck could jesus have had disagreements with extremists if he never existed??? unbelievable what passes for "documentaries" these days. at the very least an admission should be made that the existance of jesus should not be accepted as axiomatic, but is an open question. how about some intellectual honesty folks?

#15     Oct 20, 2002
  6. rs7

rs7

While I agree with you that it is unlikely the guy ever truly existed, I did think that the forensics used to "guess" what he may have looked like (or would have likely looked like if he did exist) are interesting. At least they used some kind of science rather than hopeful artistic imagery to come up with a likely resemblance of a first century jewish man from the area he was supposedly inhabiting.

Now truth be told, my doubts are many. I think the composite may be a hoax, because the guy in the picture is actually a trader I know at Andover in NYC. Smokes a lot of reefer.

:)rs7

#16     Oct 20, 2002
  7. You're getting warm on the "Aspen Answer."

#17     Oct 20, 2002
  8. :)

By the way, if Jesus ever existed he would certainly look more like an Arab or a Jew than like a swedish..

The imagery Of jesus being a blond guy with blue eyes is certainly one of the biggest lie in history showing the racism of the Church being ashamed of Jesus real origins.

Just my own humble opinion :)

#18     Oct 20, 2002
  9. Who in the hell is promoting JC as a Swede?

#19     Oct 20, 2002
  10. A blond guy with blue eyes has more to do with a swedish than a middle eastern person...

All the representations of Jesus in churches and history books shows a guy that is not a mediteranean.

#20     Oct 20, 2002