Regarding the Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 14, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

#81     Jun 14, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dud, pick somebody else who does not contradict himself every other sentence. Look, you make it seem like there were tons of liberals all over ET that would vote for Paul. Where are they? Pick someone other then this joker. Can you do that? Of course not, because they are not around. I must have started 20 or 30 Ron Paul threads over the last year or so and all the ET liberals jumped on those threads to attack him. I know very well how the ET community feels about him.

#82     Jun 14, 2011
  3. Yannis

Yannis

Love it! i've been saying the same thing for so long here at ET, especially when liberals accuse GWB for all the recent spending... Not that he was totally innocent, far from it, but the fiscal catastrophy started when Pelosi, Barney Frank, Reed, et al took over in 2007 :)

#83     Jun 14, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Of course you do, but it's flawed.

#84     Jun 14, 2011
  5. I apologize for bring up the Debate in this thread.
    BTW, did anybody notice that only a Chinese ( OP ) appears to follow Rep politics?

To Sum:
    only Romney has a chance then.

too bad he is a Mormon.

you know that the country is going down the sh*tter when year after year there is no good fight during the elections.

-- Shortie Kissinger Out :cool:

#85     Jun 14, 2011
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Interesting As Usual

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HH6LaKpO6tQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HH6LaKpO6tQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:cool:

#86     Jun 15, 2011
  7. jem

jem

there was a movie with richard gere as a candidate coach and he told the candidate exactly that...

he said forget what you learned in debate class and use each question as an chance to tell the people what you want to tell them... which was their focused sound bites.

I get annoyed by debates for the same reason.

But its not new. I was friends with someone on a moot court team which won nationals... They were trained to take the question... acknowledge and weave it into their pre planned answers. So essentially the point of the mock arguments was who could weave the answer into their pre planned arguments the best.

Many of the candidates having been lawyers would have been exposed to the same type of moot court tactics

#87     Jun 15, 2011