Refco Stiffing Its Customers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cdntrader, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Argentina has a good reputation especially if you wish to invest in government debt.

:D

#31     Nov 4, 2005
  2. kowboy

kowboy

It appears that Argentina suffered a tremendous currency devaluation circa 2001/2002.

I would not feel safe investing in that currency. So far the only currency that IMO looks safe is the Swiss Franc. But I would like your further opinion and comments.

Thanks, Mike

#32     Nov 4, 2005
  3. I was just kidding here...

Arg gov bonds defaulted last year.

Investors haven't seen a dime yet.

#33     Nov 4, 2005
  4. kowboy

kowboy

OK thanks for the humor.

But being a trader and not an investor, it does not appear easy to invest with the goal of protecting ones assets againt currency devaluation especially the US dollar.

#34     Nov 4, 2005
  5. Chagi

Chagi

If you are in the US, you might want to consider investing in CND stocks on the TSX if you are looking for a form of hedging.

I haven't taken the time to do any formal statistical analysis for you on this one, but my general thinking is that the $CND is going to be quite strong vs. the $US for the near future.

#35     Nov 4, 2005
  6. just21

just21

UK judges are the most liberal in the world these days. They will not even deport a threat to national security. Britain is living in a post nation state phase, it is now a refugee camp.

#36     Nov 8, 2005