Refco Stiffing Its Customers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cdntrader, Nov 3, 2005.

1. This is precisely what concerns me about RefcoFX Associates, LLC. If Refco Capital Markets is allowed to treat customer funds as their own property, it seems clear that a precedent for the treatment of customer funds in the other unregulated operating units is set.

#21     Nov 3, 2005
  2. Chagi

Chagi

I believe you are referring to the CIPF (Canadian Investors Protection Fund), I don't know enough to go over this in detail, but I think it's somewhat similar in concept to our CDIC (which insures bank accounts).

#22     Nov 3, 2005
  3. meyer23

meyer23

I have some dumb questions any help is appreciated as I have alot of money tied up with Refco fx

Will refco fx account holders be treated differently from refco capital account holders?

What is the likelyhood of getting our money back?

Is their a class action suit for account holders?

What if anything should I do?

Thanks very much
    meyer

#23     Nov 4, 2005
  4. I also have a RefcoFX account and do not believe we will get anything back. I think that all the accounts were lumped into 1 account to be used by RefcoFX how ever they wanted. Refco is in debt, so where would the money come from to repay the account holders?

I don't think the FXCM deal will help us.

#24     Nov 4, 2005
  5. i had an account with refco private clients (used to be lind-waldock). called them to wire me my money and they did, no problem. did that yesterday.

#25     Nov 4, 2005
  6. WinSum

WinSum

It's a shame that a reputable firm like lind-waldock got drag into the mud by refco.

#26     Nov 4, 2005
  7. I think a few companies got taken by Refco. Refco even got to ring the NYSE bell.

#27     Nov 4, 2005
  8. donaq7

donaq7

money is not safe in u.s. markets look else where to invest our finacial sytem s------ks

#28     Nov 4, 2005
  9. With grammar and spelling like that you shouldn't be giving advice.

#29     Nov 4, 2005
  10. kowboy

kowboy

Where?

#30     Nov 4, 2005