Refco "spots"

Discussion in 'Forex' started by toby400, Nov 1, 2003.

1. toby400

toby400

Anyone in the US trade these:

http://www.refcospot.com/

What are the pro's and cons'. of the product for a trader relatively new to forex?

2. Quah

Quah

"I wish to win...."

LMAO. OMG, do people actually put their money into crap like this? Unbelievable.

:eek:

3. why is it crap? isn't they are part of refcoFX nad FXCM?

4. Remiraz

Remiraz

IMHO its a perverted version of Options which is closer to gambling than trading.

5. I like Refco, but I don't like this business.
    Certainly, they have an advantage to set the option price against the clients. I simply cannot believe they give me the fair price, blindly.
    If I go for currency option trading, I would chose CME.

6. corvus

corvus

Yes, they could certainly market it better.

7. jsor

jsor

Saxobank will give you a two-way quote for options. Most pairs have a spread of 10 pips. I believe that is a lot better than Refco.

8. rezo_s

rezo_s

I work with refco on what they call "traditional" :confused: spot forex. Indeed this is their way to offer options trading, but I would recommend betonmarkets.com for this kind of trading - same + more options for trading + better customer seivice. I didnt recieve good support for refcospot; dont know why they did it like this: I requested information 3 times, and 3 times recieved wrong information, untill at last I told them they can not bother nay more, and told them I dont wish to work with them in this sector. This is a good alternative/addition to forex trading, but betonmarkets is the one to choose. I didnt use them live as well, so if there is someone with live account experience, s/he is wellcome to post. Betonmarkets call it what it really is, and give as I said more "options" for trading. But for those who want to trade fx options, there is saxo and cmc as far as I know. I sugest reading this article about fx options - for beginners, it may open some eyes: http://www.futuresmag.com/forextrader/archive/col012402.html

0.02$

9. wow. looks like a lottery ticket. 'speculation for dummies,' maybe.

that's what it looks like. Is it cost effective? If so, maybe a great vehicle.