Refco Pro - my mistake

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by George SoreAss, Aug 11, 2005.

1. For those of you who read my onslaught on the Refco pro system yesterday, I just realised what many of you knew at the time, and were desperately trying to get me to understand, when I checked my account a few minutes ago I found I was completely wrong for saying that the system filled me at a stupid random price 3/4 ticks below where the market was trading ... obviously this is not possible, on any system, but for some reason, maybe due to the fact that I was doing my arse at the time, I could have sworn that that is what happened. I have to come clean and
    admit that it didn't.... I was looking at the wrong column in my fills
    box which is why I was getting confused, complete school boy error - what an idiot. I should probably keep that to myself it looks like I am at fault and not Refco pro

Just waiting for the barrage of "I told you so" from everyone who read my messages yesterday
    :(

2. davinci

davinci

George, I didnt get involved with your post yesterday because I knew you were talking complete rubbish.

I have been using Pro for the past three weeks and granted it is not TT but I am starting to like it.

One thing I would like to say is Good on you for admiting you are wrong it shows you have at least got balls even if you dont know how the market works.

3. I'm surprised that with your "15 years" in the market and obviously extensive market knowledge you didn't pick up on this earlier.

Perfect example of how to make yourself look like a complete mug though. Brightened up my morning no end.

4. marky1

marky1

Sorry can't really reply much at the moment, too busy reading the FT and watching bloomberg haha.

It's good of you to admit your mistake. Gota run......got the FT to read.

5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

well at least your man enough to come back and admit it.

what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

6. smallfil

smallfil

Hi! I am quite new as far as currencies go and I was wondering about the Refco Pro considering you guys are already using it.
    Would you recommend it to other traders? I am just looking for a trading platform with decent charts. Thanks for your input.

7. Truff

Truff

Fred, how excited are you? Somebody admitting a mistake about refco pro. I'm surprised you waited so long to respond. Come on fred, how much are they paying you?