Refco Pro Crashes Again

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by andyp123, Jul 21, 2005.

1. andyp123

andyp123

Once again second day in a row refco pro crashes just as bombs go off in London.

Cheers Refco, long live TT.

2. mine, not.

Well, what is this? 5 post history guy.
    Lately, I see many new-comer of EliteTrader starts multiple anti-Refco/RefcoPro topic.

Is this something neggative campaign?

3. Thread: Refco Pro Crashes Again Go to first new post
    Preview: Once again second day in a row refco pro crashes just as bombs go off in London.

Cheers Refco, long live TT.
    Pro Firms andyp123 1 32 07-21-05
    09:17 AM
    Thread: Trouble at Refco Go to first new post
    Preview: Lots of others are about to make the move too.

This is a good opportunity for another company to steal Refco's Traders.

Me being on the front cover of trader monthly in November also helps me sway...
    Pro Firms andyp123 28 2676 07-20-05
    03:58 PM
    Preview: Well that depends

If its my fault that I have to trade on Refco Pro ok
    If its my fault that the system crashes 3 times over Greenspan today then ok
    If its my fault that they did not prepare at all...
    03:30 PM
    Preview: Is anyone else disheartened by Refco and their new system Refco Pro.

This company is totally mis managed and it really seems like they don't actually care.

I have been trading there for 6 years....
    03:08 PM
    Thread: Refco Pro Go to first new post
    Preview: I would like to say that I have been trading for over 6 years for the old Macfutures and now Refco Trading services.

The new software imposed on us by Refco is terrible. Just today over Greenspans...
    Pro Firms andyp123 5 392 07-20-05
    03:03 PM

4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

what are you saying?

this guy was on the front of traders monthly!! he must be THE KING of all traders. (either that or this is infact the chick on the cover who has decided to take up trading - he sure does bitch like a little girl!)

after all - he has nothing to do but bitch about software and go on some hate campaign.

a real winner.

my money is on the fact he hasn't figured out how to use the platform yet.

either that or hes just come off the simulator and is having trouble in the real world.

5. I traded refco pro on greenspan and the yuan and the bombs and I had no problem, I did do arse on the TT slowdown on 7/7 I am not biased to either seems people are just looking for excuses for every loss.

6. I had no problems with refco pro today ... my money on who andyp123 is some guy at refco who hasn't made any money in quite awhile

7. Then leave and use someone else. It's that simple

8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

yep - thats what i suggested to him on his 1st thread - but of course, just like a real trader, he denied all responsibility and blamed refco staff, his platform etc etc.

9. Magna

Magna Administrator

10. I have actually traded on Refco Pro, and I must say there are some glitches to the system. This makes sense since the software is entirely new. Like any other new system, there will be improvements made to it. As far as I'm concerned there are a lot of advantages to an in-house software:

1. the traders at Refco Trading Services do have a significant opportunity to make suggestions to the development team and have those chances implemented quickly. This is not the case for TT, where I have made a suggestion to improve the system which was promptly ignored.

2. lower desk fees now cause of Refco Pro

3. lower commissions

the fact that we do have an opportunity to have suggestions taken seriously will help improve the product. I will definitely stick around to how things shape out. I have a good feeling about this.

#10     Jul 21, 2005