Refco/PMB

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trader777, Jan 10, 2002.

1. llljjj

llljjj

Real Trader - What is the name of your firm and who is your clearing firm?

#21     Apr 22, 2002
  2. I agree.

#22     Apr 22, 2002
  3. Brokers like realtrader are why I am glad to be an IB customer . NO broker support is better than what I see shown in these posts.By the way genius i started with a 1 contract rookie account and now trade intraday with 5 contracts so go chaser after those BIG ACCOUNTS whereever you think they are!!!

#23     Apr 22, 2002
  4. Real Trader

Real Trader Guest

Oh boy, I created a monster, I would like to go tit for tat on this but really dont want to, congrats on the bump to 5 contracts you are a rare breed,keep up the good work!

Best,

Real Trader

#24     Apr 22, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

Real Trader

forget tit fot tat

you need some more input to get your logic right

its the balance of skill of trader, leverage and account size which is going to protect you from an adverse move taking the trader out and possibly causing a non recoverable debit for you

you have also got to factor in the competitive siuation that you are up against in obtaining accounts - and factor all this into your risk reward for running the business

a crap trader on 15K is more dangerous than a great trader on 5K

and to protect yourself - you need to charge a high intraday margin - not have a high account size

and to get business as a service company - you may want to consider that old concept of - the customer is always right - or at least the customer will give you all his bank account if you make him feel he is right

personally - i would rather deal with a broker who says what he thinks - and does not kiss arse to get the account - and then screw the trader

but you have to play the game a little!

a $5,000 account is 2 contracts - and a lot of traders and their brokers are going to get rich from that humble start!

#25     Apr 22, 2002
  6. Real Trader

Real Trader Guest

I agree and thanks for the feed back, it is just a rare mix to find a good trader opening a 5k account, I have seen it once or twice but from experience the odds are not in thier favor. As for the competition, I can blow them away if the right person is asking. I do respect what you are saying, it works in theory but just doesnt happen enough for me to change my rule.

Best,

RT

#26     Apr 22, 2002
  7. What firm?

#27     Apr 22, 2002
  8. Haas

Haas

RT - What kind of trader are you looking for as a customer? Can you give me an idea of the type of volume and size of account that makes a trader attractive to your firm?

#28     Apr 22, 2002
  9. stevet

stevet

rt

you sound like a trader looking to make money out of broking - but 15K is peanuts, 5K is just a few peanuts less - you should be looking for 100K against trading M's iif you really want the big business

#29     Apr 22, 2002
  10. Real Trader

Real Trader Guest

I agree, most of the time I have found that 15k is a great way to start up a test account just to check our services and once they are noticed more funds tend to get added into the account. I am deffinatly not a trader. Allthough I did make a couple of bucks durring the "good ol days" I knew it was out of my legue when things came to a halt.

Cheers,

RT

#30     Apr 22, 2002