Refco FX Clients, here we go again!!!!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ZoneTrooper, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Chood

Chood

Does this mean RefcoFX won’t be restoring the Complete Safety of Funds page to its website? I ask because I’d read in another, older thread in this forum that FXCM’s offer to make the RefcoFX customers whole was a “done deal,” a sure thing, in the bag, all good, and so on.

#11     Feb 18, 2006
  2. Cybren

Cybren

Well.....I haven't seen Trader/God reaction to the situation in a while on this forum. He was always very positive on the outcomes and made comments about things being a done deal etc.... I have always been mildly positive as I only believe what I see and for the moment I don't have access to my funds but see FXCM trying hard to incorporate my account. Let's just hope for the best. I could buy a nice car for what RefcoFX owes me.....

#12     Feb 19, 2006
  3. I guess March 10th is now the big date:

Important Notice To RefcoFX Clients

Dear RefcoFX Client,

We write to advise you of our progress on our sale efforts. RefcoF/X did not receive any offers for the sale of its retail foreign exchange assets other than the original offer by Forex Capital Markets LLC (FXCM). Under the Bankruptcy Court’s bidding procedures order, therefore, the auction relating to the RefcoF/X assets scehduled for February 16, 2006, was not held. In addition, the sale hearing scheduled for February 17, 2006 was adjourned until March 10, 2006 to give the parties additional time to work out details related to the hearing on the sale of the Refco FX assets.

We appreciate your continued support during this process. Refco has set up a toll-free information line (866-327-0774) to answer additional questions or you may e-mail Meagan_Repko@sitrick.com. We will continue to update you as more information becomes available.

Best Regards,

Refco F/X Associates LLC

#13     Feb 20, 2006
  4. Hey, anyone else out there need some of this money to pay their taxes?

It's going to be hard paying taxes on capital gains that I can't access.

#14     Feb 20, 2006