Refco FX account withdrawl frozen!!!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by inet, Oct 17, 2005.

1. inet

inet

RefcoFX has filed Chapter 11. Anyway I only have about five hundred $ in my mini account. not a big deal.

#21     Oct 18, 2005
  2. Chriz

Chriz

On 10/10 i faxed a funds withdrawl form to Refcofx. The same day i got an email conformation that my account is closed.
    Until now i havent recieved a single cent! That really sux big a**

#22     Oct 18, 2005
  3. Deptrai

Deptrai

If Refco FX has filed for bankruptcy, then can they touch customer's funds? Does being regulated by the CFTC and NFA mean anything? If it does not, then this will have a lot of repercussions in retail forex.

#23     Oct 18, 2005
  4. inet

inet

Maybe they have already touched customer's funds. In this case, is it against law or rule?

#24     Oct 18, 2005
  5. Htrader

Htrader Guest

FX futures are regulated by the CFTC. However, spot forex trading has no such oversight. I believe all trading done through refco FX was spot forex.

With spot forex there is no oversight, no required segregation of funds, and no insurance.

#25     Oct 18, 2005
  6. Deptrai

Deptrai

I understand that there is no governing body in forex. However, these retail forex brokers are regulated by the CFTC in America. It is a grey area. Let's see if it means anything.

#26     Oct 18, 2005
  7. I have a RefcoFX account that has $700.00 in it and they won't let me withdraw my $700.00. BUT they will lend me 200x that amount to continue trading.

What BS.

#27     Oct 18, 2005
  8. It's obvious that they let you trade. As most people lose money, Refco will have to pay back less money, because the losers will not have to be paid. And in the mean time they generate commissions.

It's clear now that putting your money with the big names doesn't give you more protection than putting it at a small broker.

#28     Oct 18, 2005
  9. Chood

Chood

Nothing grey about it: there is NO regulation.

#29     Oct 18, 2005
  10. Chood

Chood

Didn't you hear? your dough is in that vault.

#30     Oct 18, 2005