Refco FX account withdrawl frozen!!!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by inet, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Chood

Chood

I just strolled to RefcoFX's website and read lovely, reassuring language under heading "Complete Safety of Funds." Kinda like "dealable" quotes, "instantly tradeable" prices, "no dealing desk," "no slippage," and other such soothing messages from these fx retailers. It's all so shocking that some of their messages aren't true. I mean how can it be on a website if not true?

#11     Oct 18, 2005
  2. inet

inet

Yes, there is a lot of untrue stuff on their website.

#12     Oct 18, 2005
  3. Chood, of course, clients' funds are completely safe under RefcoFX's custody. It's as good as a bank vault, trust us. You just can't open the vault and get anything out, for the time being, until further notice. :p

#13     Oct 18, 2005
  4. Chood

Chood

"Trust us"? I don't have an account with RefcoFX or any other fx dealer. Just now, as before, that looks like a pretty good policy.

#14     Oct 18, 2005
  5. Funds at RefcoFX are completely safe, they are guaranteed by the SEC, CFTC, NASD, SIPC, Bernie Ebbers and Ken Lay. The gentleman saying he can't withdraw his money has an axe to grind and has absolutely no knowledge of Refco's business structure. All the problems are limited to the capital markets branch as I have been repeating over and over trying to educate the uninformed pikers at ET. And be careful, if you keep posting, late_apex is going to sue you for libel and defamation. I have already contacted my lawyer.

#15     Oct 18, 2005
  6. inet

inet

Dear buzzy2,

May I ask you a question?

If all the problems are limited to the capital markets branch, why refco want to sell core future business and file Chapter 11?

#16     Oct 18, 2005
  7. LMAO :p :p :p :p
    inet if you didn't get the joke go to the "refco account security" thread.

#17     Oct 18, 2005
  8. Chood

Chood

inet,

I am not a RefcoFX customer, but I am reliably informed by another poster that your money is secure in a vault. Piles of your cash and others' are there undisturbed, with a single key in the pocket of security director Mr. Fastow. Don't worry. Trust him.

#18     Oct 18, 2005
  9. I think you've somehow managed to miss the extreme irony of my post. "Trust us" is obviously not my claim. I was referring to the general, whether explicit or implied, marketing message from many forex dealers, operating, as it were, in an unregulated marketplace / business environment.

#19     Oct 18, 2005
  10. Chood

Chood

Slow on the uptake today, I guess, my irony meter running quite a bit behind (like Refco's receivables). Yes, you're obviously dead-on.

#20     Oct 18, 2005