Refco - $4/RT. Anyone use em?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by EMini-Player, Jan 20, 2004.

1. I have been using REFCO PRO for over a year now and am very pleased with it. It is totally rock-solid and does not skip a beat during fast markets, FOMC announcements, etc.

As for REFCO-Express, I believe that ESignal incorporates REFCO-Express into the ESignal software.

My advice to you is to contact Al Pucci or Robert Mercorella at REFCO in New York for accurate answers to your questions:

1-866-607-3326

http://www.refco.com/esignal/

#71     Mar 19, 2004
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

Thanks Waggie.

If I use Refco Pro, what are the fees? I have looked on the refco site but cant find them. Am I obliged to a monthly volume? I remember $425 from a post above - does this still hold, as the post was some time ago?

I will probably be trading around 200 lots a month, which is why I was thinking of Xpress.

Will the data feed I have to pay for fuel my chart software? (Nextrend - very good but I think I am obliged to use their data - not a prob, but I dont want to pay twice for the same thing so I may change chart providers)

Sorry to be asking all these questions - Im not lazy honest. This stuff should be on their web site, but the info is crap.

Thanks again

Fred

#72     Mar 19, 2004
  3. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

Fred,

I see your emails.

TransAct works like this. .55 a lot for all exchanges plus fees. If you trade more then 364 RT's a month no platform fee. If you tarde less there is one. If you call I can explain exactly how it works. If you want a demo of the product I can send one to your email address.

#73     Mar 19, 2004
  4. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

shivastar,

I am also thinking of opening an account with REFCO. Do you have a list of all the contracts you trade and what your commissions are for each product which I can use as a guide for opening my account with them? Do you do a lot of volume to get these commissions? My e-mail is invest99_2000@yahoo.com.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

#74     Mar 25, 2004
  5. Look man, you need to do a little digging yourself and call up Al Pucci in New York, like I said awhile back . . . I can't do EVERYTHING for ya!

There can either be something like a $425.00 per month platform fee for Refco Pro, OR you can waive the fee and simply pay .25 cents per side.

Thus, ES and NQ becomes $4.50 per RT, and the ZB becomes $5.55 per RT. As long as you trade more than 50 round turns per month, you will receive th $4.00 RT rate on ES and NQ, $5.00 for ZB.

It's up to you.

#75     Mar 25, 2004
  6. Is J-trader as good as Refco pro speed and excutionwise?
    I want to pay 2.4$ for everything exchange,NFA, plateform
    all included free

#76     Mar 26, 2004
  7. No. J_Trader is crap, although always promoted as "the latest and greatest software must have !"

:p

#77     Mar 26, 2004
  8. Based on $2 per side, considering $1.16 for Exchange
    and NFA their excution and clearing charges is $0.84
    per side.

$0.84 means some of Refco Pro plateform charge is
    digested by trader here.

Since real value of Refco Pro is more than $0.25, Lets
    say $0.84 minuse another $0.25, and puting real
    platform cost $0.50 per side, thats brings down excution
    and clearing charge to around$0.59 which is much lower
    than most brokerage charges.

Does Refco charges for other products $0.84 +
    whatever exchange, NFa charge? or they are
    calculated differnetly?
    If so, where we can find Rates for all other products?

#78     Mar 26, 2004
  9. But majority here agree that it's much more reliable than
    TWS from IB. Then this makes TWS crapiest crap.

J-trader usually charged $0.50 per side into the commision fee.
    I believe most brokerage pay much less $0.50 per side for
    offering it

#79     Mar 26, 2004
  10. Ridiculous product with a price tag of $525/month.

#80     Mar 26, 2004