Refco - $4/RT. Anyone use em?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by EMini-Player, Jan 20, 2004.

1. I have REFCO's Pro-Trader and was trading during the FOMC announcement.

REFCO's Platform is super reliable.
    It does not suffer from a lot of the issues that most cheap shops suffer from. REFCO is a World Leader in commodity trading. There is no way that they would offer a mediocre product.

My screen in Bonds and ES did not freeze once during yesterdays fast market activity!

#31     Jan 29, 2004
  2. My Open E Cry platform didn't experience any issues either :cool:

#32     Jan 29, 2004
  3. saxon

saxon

SmoothT,

Where did you see this? Got a web address or link to that API?

I was told by Refco--not so long ago--that such an API was "not available at this time."

Good news, though, if they DO have one.

Thanks,
    saxon

#33     Jan 29, 2004
  4. saxon,

I had a chat with a Refco support guy.
    He told me I need to sign NDA, and introduced an email address @Lind Waldock to ask that. However, No reply.

Personally, I found RefcoXpress looks like web-based software, and I don't like the interface much.
    Finding eSignal@Refco, I thought it's ideal, however, SORRY guys, I was wrong. Although eSignal API has a function reading ordering information, but cannot submit order...
    The eSignal API document says it is 'unidirectional'.
    This is extremely dissapointing fact. Really dissapointing, and I'm lost again.

Ken the Smooth

#34     Jan 29, 2004
  5. Al Pucci at REFCO in New York ( he markets the new VelocitEtrader deal ) tells me that there is an updated version of REFCO XPRESS coming out at the end of the month that actually has "market-depth" and a few other bells and whistles in it to bring it into the 21st Century.

Not sure if this helps.

#35     Jan 29, 2004
  6. waggy, thanks for the info.
    Yeah, actually, I had the chat session on AIM with ALREFCO, so the guy you mention must be him.
    Right, I also heard the major update is coming soon.
    In fact, since I'm an eSignal user, the charting stuff is not important to me,. In that sense the integration of eSignal@Refco looked very attracting to me. The only thing it lacks is the ordering API bridge which is the most important.
    However, XPress may be still in the option for sure.
    thanks again,

Ken the Smooth

#36     Jan 29, 2004
  7. hi all. I haven't posted here yet but i'll add my 2 cents...
    I have a rate of $4r/t all in for all electronic contracts. i also trade crude oil, euro$, sandp and options on all these for a rate of $4to$7r/t depending on the contract.i have it setup on two platforms that refco offers: protrader and refcoexpress.
    itrade electronics on protrader which has never let me down and is superfast as well. i trade pits with express or if i'm doing size or have special orders i call in.there is no volume quota or platform fee. i think this is a better deal for low vol/swing traders.
    i'm with ots the peopleare great and customer service is top notch.

hope this helps

shivastar

#37     Feb 1, 2004
  8. Do you have to pay any exchange fees when using the Refco PRO platform?

-Fast

#38     Feb 7, 2004
  9. I currently use REFCO PRO.

They will charge you something like $450 per month, or .25 cents per side. Your choice. ES and NQ are $4.00 per RT, all inclusive, and T-Bonds like ZB are $5.00 per RT, all inclusive.

The REFCO PRO platform is rock solid.
    It does not "freeze-up" or go down in fast markets like the most recent FOMC meeting that we have. Plus, you get access to all of the great REFCO Research, too.

Can't say enough good things about them!

#39     Feb 7, 2004
  10. monee

monee

Anyone get the $4.00 all inclusive rate without doing 50 round trips per month?

#40     Feb 7, 2004