Refco - $4/RT. Anyone use em?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by EMini-Player, Jan 20, 2004.

1. wdscott

wdscott

waggie945,

Dave Scott

#11     Jan 20, 2004
  2. I would use

REFCO Pro for electronic markets
    REFCO Xpress for open outcry markets

#12     Jan 21, 2004
  3. How about API?
    Do you guys think Refco can be a good alternative of Interactive Brokers and TWS?

I used to have REFCO FX account and really liked their support service.

#13     Jan 21, 2004
  4. saxon

saxon

I just opened a Refco account about a month ago as a backup. After I finally got the account set up right, it has been fine. I use "eSignal @ Refco" and like it pretty well.

The $4/RT sounds good. But I think there is a minimum of 50 RT's a month to get that rate.

One thing I like about having that account as a backup is that--unlike IB (my primary) and many others, you have access to pit traded contracts as well.

sax

#14     Jan 21, 2004
  5. Right, the legacy service offer pittraded unlike IB, but this is only for eMini SP, NAS and DOW, I think.

I read eSignal and Refco started collaborating, but don't understnad what exactly it is like.
    I use eSignal, and that API, what and how is "eSignal@Refco"?

Thanks.

#15     Jan 21, 2004
  6. Refco groups seems to have lot of different websites.

Which one offers "ELETRONIC EXCUTION" to all
    major markets around the world (including Asian/
    Pacific markets) from a single UNIVERSAL account?

Refcoasia.com seems to have UNIVERSAL account
    for elctronic excution of all markets, but trading fees
    are very high compare to IB, as they are operating
    as full service brokerage

#16     Jan 21, 2004
  7. saxon

saxon

eSignal@Refco is basically just the eSignal software customized for Refco order entry. The main advantage is that, if you are already an eSignal subscriber like me, you don't have to pay for streaming quote data twice. You just click on an eSignal chart, and it transmits an order via your Refco account.

Perhaps that is not a lot different than whatever you are currently doing with your API.

#17     Jan 21, 2004
  8. Xenia

Xenia

#18     Jan 21, 2004
  9. I use RefcoExpress och RefcoPro each day in my work and I like the platforms. In RefcoPro you have the oppertunity to trade a little bit faster than in RefcoExpress so if you are a scalper (or a daytrader and if you do alot of trades) RefcoPro is the one for you. They have great service if there should be any problems.

#19     Jan 21, 2004
  10. Saxon, Xenia,

Thank you very much, very informative.

Actually, I once checked out EasyTrade API, and now noticed Refco-Pro is techincally EasyTrade. Probably Refco bought this platfrom from them.

Yes, Refco Group is huge and doing a lot of project, so it's hard to grasp the view for stranger.

Thanks again.

#20     Jan 21, 2004