Refco - $4/RT. Anyone use em?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by EMini-Player, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Agree - you should be able to get $15 r/t from Refco for pit trades for 25-50 r/t p.m

#131     Aug 28, 2004
  2. Does anyone know if its possible to trial Protrader using a simulated account? I see that you can trial the Xpress platform but there is no mention of Protrader. It seems obvious that you need to try it before committing to using it as a professional platform? No?

Does anyone know what the minimum account opening balance is for Velocitetrader?

Thanks

Indie

:)

#132     Aug 28, 2004
  3. Yeah, just email the technical support.
    Pro-Simulation account is possible.
    Probably minimal is $3000 or $ 5000, I forgot.

#133     Aug 28, 2004
  4. Yes, I have it on a trial/simulation

#134     Aug 29, 2004
  5. I don't know of a way to use Protrader in training/demo mode. I hear though that at their head office their own new traders are put on demo mode. Does this mean that they have two versions of software - one for the retail client and one for internal use?

#135     Aug 30, 2004
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i believe min account balance for refco is $10k. they are a prober broker.

#136     Aug 30, 2004
  7. The simulation download has a limited list of active contracts (the obvious suspects from CME, CBOT, Eurex, LIFFE), that's the only difference Refco highlighted. After they okay your registration, they give you a u/name + p/word for simul. I was already a client at the time of reg'n.

I believe FredBlogg's comment on the minimum is correct. Refco considers smaller retail traders are better served at Lind-Waldock.

#137     Aug 30, 2004
  8. Xenia

Xenia

#138     Aug 3, 2005